Black & thermochromic aesthetics
Reverse clicky tail switch in copper housing
Tritium vial in switch
Lockout-able
Length – 64mm
Width – 24mm
Weight – 77g (With 16340 cell)
Max – 1700lm

I rebuilt the pill with some copper tube & aluminium bar.

The reverse clicky tail switch is housed in some copper tube & sheet covered with a silicone boot.
I installed a 4mm x 0.5mm green tritium vial in the titanium switch button backed with glow powder.
Green GITD powder mixed with UV setting glue applied to the front & back inserts and JB Weld in some other side recesses. Carbon fibre wrap in the battery tube to stop any rattle.

Great mod! Looks so much better with the black accents and CF wrap.

A man with taste, thanks mate :slight_smile:
It was the knurling on the bezel ring that got me started as i really didn’t like the way it was.

Damn dude, outstanding!

Thanks mate :+1:

A lovely little “Thumb light” :sunglasses:

Phil

Holy wee nuggets on a bony pogo stick, now THAT is cool :open_mouth: It looks straight out of a futuristic sci-fi setting!

If I ever made a video game with a handheld light (or vehicle-mounted plasma mortar :smiley: ), I’d include this mod as my 3D model in a heartbeat.

:slight_smile:

Very tacticool. I can’t seem to bring myself to mod anything but inexpensive lights. ~$20-$30 my interest seems to wane but I’m glad there are some with a more generous budget.

Yeah man, I do it so you guys don’t have to :laughing:

In the end you get what you pay for(if you don’t wreck it along the way) so this will always be classier than my almost finished Sipik mod.

That sipiks a classic, the only one in the world like it i bet, like some of mine. It’s the unique innovative hand built personalization i love.

Did some polishing to it the other day along with troubleshooting the driver but still a ways to go. Don’t even know yet how well it focuses.

Therein lies the fun/pain/joy/satisfaction :slight_smile:
Will be good to see it finished.
I attempted a 16340 version once but gave up on it.

I could also do an 18650 version but would have to re tap the threads and make a tail cap for it. Maybe next time, maybe not. The shape is so iconic I don’t want to get too far away from it and 16650 already gets to 2500mAhr. The way I did this one 16340 would be a snap, wouldn’t even need the brass, just human lathe the back into the front a bit after reaming the inside. It certainly isn’t about minimizing the effort since the less the effort the less likely I’ll bother with it.

+1 :+1:

+…?…
Don’t know what’s the number I should write (1-1000 is way too low), so I’ll just say that… you said it all! :star: :crown:

BTW, I don’t like this FourSevens flashlight (mainly because of it’s strike bezel), but I like the way you made it look. Well done mate! :beer:

:) Thanks mate. I don’t like the light with the strike bezel attached to the front either but i do like it’s detail on the body, and that is where it will stay, unless of course i find myself being attacked, then hopefully i would have time to take it out, change it all around and set the light to strobe mode :laughing: :frowning: :person_facepalming: lol, i jest!

That looks and likely performs awesome. Great taste. I need to send you mine for that electronic & led hook up! lol I bought a blue one when they first dropped. I got a few different bezels. Neat how they can move around and interchange. Fun light.

Yeah they’re cool. I thought about getting the blue colour but wasn’t sure about finish durability, how’s it holding up so far?

So far it is holding up well. I am pretty gentle with my gear. So I am not a good durability tester. It rides solo in my front jean pocket usually. I can tell you I dropped it on wooden floors. It bent the striker bezel pretty good. I just carefully bent it back by hand. No problems so far.