Convoy C8 Diffuser, from a burned out FEIT household bulb

Hmm, a camping lantern, a flashlight, and a light source for taking pictures. I've had great results.

I've been running this as a diffuser for over a month now, and figured I'd share with everyone.

What you see here is the globe from a FEIT LED bulb.

Held in place with silicone to the base of the household bulb it is. With a little wiggling, they pop right off.

Clean them up a little, and they fit (snap right into) the C8 types perfectly after cleaning up four tiny protrusions.

See the image for bulb number.

These were posted here some time back. FEIT Bulbs

Bulb number

Very cool looking diffuser, great idea.

Thanks for sharing :+1:

I have to say, it surprises me to see there are so many views, with just your comment, khas.

I guess those wanting a diffuser have not come along to see it?

Just to clear it up how this works, the diffuser is not glued on to the bezel of the C8 light. It snaps into place inside the bezel ring and stays there solid.

I can pick up the C8 by the globe.

Looking neat, what is the material the bulb is made of?

I agree, that looks like it would do a great job. :+1:

Cool! :+1:

I assume the bulb is plastic?

The globe is some type of plastic, 1-1.5mm in thickness.

I don't think this model number of light source is still available. I did find some on fleabay.

Other home use LED bulbs, the globe may work for what I'm doing in my OP.

Considering the many LED bulbs on the market today, it might be worth while to test the different shapes and sizes.

Who knows what someone could do with a creative mind, and the uses of these globes on hand held lights

Found on Alibaba

I happen to have a few of those bulbs on hand, one of which I dropped and broke but kept because I figured parts were still good. This globe does in fact work as a perfect diffuser for the convoy C8. Clips in place tight inside the bezel like RC says.

Will have to try a few of my other LED globes and other lights. I like this mod, instant lantern!

The best part to me is that the C8 I put it on is running a 3000K XP-L2 with a FET driver, so it’s probably 2x the lumen output than the original light bulb.

Now people are catching on!! ;)