250 Post GAW in Memorium OLD-LUMENS

During his last I communicated with him quite a bit. My thoughts were to try and bring him some cheer while never really knowing how close he was… He had mentioned his thoughts to all about an S2+ with an XHP50. Having just finished another one I tried to send it to him. He had a disdain for Li batteries to which I said I would send them also along with a charger.

As we spoke some about his condition I added that I also battled cancer (a survivor) He declined the offer due to people he did not even know being around him. I mentioned that if anyone “bothered” him he could use the light and blind them as he told them to go away. It was his wish that I not send the light as he did not want someone he did not know taking it as theirs.

He made this set of rules for this GAW with words that if anyone had a problem with it be it known that it was his wish…that which I keep now in time. His words were that he must let go of the BLF.

Both I and his wife know that the BLF was his life.

His desire was for, quote, “some of the older members to receive the light; people who would like to receive a freebie but usually don’t enter.

That is all I can say and the reason for me to set the 250 minimum post for entry. This is a hobby of mine and I take great pleasure in giving lights to people.

It is now Sunday 21st of May and end date will be Sunday 28 May. You have the choice of an S2+ XHP50 turbo only, a single cell light, or parts to build / modify your own. Either or I believe his last wishes from me to you will be met. Good luck and be it known that as a NOOB, and always will be, that I myself pick up bits and pieces of knowledge from all who post. It’s about the only way I can donate other than using and trying many many different lights as they become available. leroycp Must have minimum 250 posts to enter

Im in.

Always wanted an OL custom… had one, well two… but one was always destined to be a giveaway, and the other was a torture tested zebra that he brought back to life. Now that I think about it, I should have never gave away the zebra light…

I know he never touched this light, but its got an emitter I never had and been wanting to try some of these newer emitters

In.

Never got around to getting an OL custom myself.

Thanks for the giveaway, leroycp!

I'm in!

In as well… So sad that OL lived about an hour’s drive from me but I never got to drive out and meet him in person.

Very well written/spoken.
I’ll throw my name in….still don’t have an S2.

Thanks!

I always wanted to do a project with him. Count me in please. If I win I’d like to mod it and pass it on to another modder for their add on.

I’m a little leery about running 2 x unprotected 18350’s in series, so I’ve never built a xhp50 s2. I’ve just stuck with building triples. But I have been curious how they compare, so please count me in.

Thanks for the giveaway.

Your words have brought tears of happiness and sadness to my eyes leroycp. What a nice gesture for a give away. Thanks and long live his memory.

I am in
Thanks for the giveaway my friend
R.I.P. OL

In. Had always been appreciative of a custom light, much more from OL.

I’m in for this round. Thanks for the opportunity :beer:

Not in, obviously, for I enter other GAWs AND not an old timer so disqualified on both rules :wink:

However I wanted to thank you for this GAW and nominate a couple of BLFers I consider fitting the description and thus not very likely to post here themselves :wink:
I saw this topic a few hours back and am glad to see some I wanted to nominate already posting and maybe in the time it took to write this others have too :slight_smile:

My nominations are far from complete so I hope others can chime in too

CRX
DBCustoms
DBSAR
DEL
J-Dub74
Kawiboy(insert number here)
Pilotdog68
PinkPanda(insert number here)
ReManG
Stephenk
Texas Lumens
Toykeeper
Tom E

I’m in …
Thanks for the kindness

OL great member!
i am in,thanks for the giveaway.

I am not in, but I was always intrigued by OL, and his dedication to making something from nothing.
He definitely inspired me to think out side the box.
Anyway, I’ll dedicate my 250th post to the man, and his family. :+1:

I am in. I have a Solarforce L2 that he built.

Very nice work.

Thanks for your kindness, we will always remember OL.

Not in.

Please count me in.
I miss him a lot.
RIP.

i only know OL by several of his thread, may you rest in peace.
i’m not in