XTAR PB2S

I just got one, and it’s nice! The “official” link is

which has anigifs to show how it charges/discharges.

True, it’s bigger’n the PB2, but this donk fits 21700s, too, that’s why.

Hell, today I needed to charge a 26650 (Cometa) and it fit it just fine. Sure, just one cell only, and the cover won’t fit, but to be able to charge even a moose like that in a hurry? I’ll live with “larger”. :laughing:

And there are 2 separate independent channels, so you can put one nearly-topped-off cell right next to one that’s almost dead, and there’ll be no problem.

The side-button lets you click to see the connection spex, then for battery 1, then again for battery 2.

This is my first XTAR charger, and I’m happy with it.

Oh, and it charged my phone just fine. Dunno about “The IPhone Problem”, but my normal phone worked fine. Was at like 36% or something, topped off, drained the PB2S down to 65% or so. Ymmv, of course.

Two fold. Maybe one-and-a-half fold.

1) The PB2’s low current threshold (290mA, according to HKJ) would prevent iPhones from fully charging to 100% before it shut off.

1.5) The USB output coding didn’t correspond to full “fast” (~2A) charging. Of course, iPhones don’t speak QC either, but newer ones do speak PD, so the PB2S appears to address that situation.

I’ll eventually pick up an S after I find a way to pawn off my PB2. I’m a sucker for detailed displays, and am done buying sealed power banks that are effectively trash after their cells expire.

Bmengineer tested the PB2S and it cuts off between 20 and 30mA in the normal mode so this is fixed. For even lower charge currents there’s the low power mode.

Where is the info about the low power mode?? (Below 30mA)

In their promo video:

Here it is running for 16.5 hours straight in low power mode with a 10mA load (credit to bmengineer)

What is the standby current?

PB2 was terrible.

Patience, grasshopper.

I am starting to love the PB2S

Hope the price drops

Thanks for showing me the info about the low amps mode. Great!!

I walk the rice paper gently.

Lightbringer
So where did you get yours? I see Illumination Supply now has them for $17.52

The XTAR store.

Thanks

If anyone’s interested, I did a charge comparison against a wall charger and another power bank.

https://imgur.com/a/veExc6B

@UserM4 thanks!

The PB2S is already out of stock on Aliexpress. The owner told me the red ones should be available next week, the black ones will be delayed.

It is back in stock!

Just ordered a res one. Thanks for the heads up!

Does someone have first impressions of the magnetic latch? Are the magnets strong enough to hold it securely in place even when tossed in a backpack?

Yeah, you need to actually pry into the crease between door and body to open it. It’s not likely to just pop open on its own.

Illumn has been advertising QC 3.0 AND PD charging, but the official specs don’t mention a 12v output. Judging from the OP, I suppose it doesn’t actually support PD?