Sofirn C01R deep red [sold out, discontinued]

Order placed for one. Thank you. Hope they let us know when we can order the remainder.

Ordered 1 of these and a few others of the SST variants. Thanks for the heads up.

Ordered one, looking forward to getting it :slight_smile:

Pre-ordered mine. Thanks.

Ordered mine as well. A little redundant now that I have a couple Gerber IU’s that run fine off AA or AAA cell, but couldn’t resist!

Small update (2020/05/26):

The actual LED bin code of the sales version is XPEBPR-L1-P30-29, not XPEBPR-L1-P20-30. The difference is negligible. On paper the prototype had a dominant wavelength of 650-655nm and a slightly better radiant flux (450-475mW @ 350mA), the final version uses 655-660nm and a slightly worse radiant flux (425-450mW @ 350mA). Since this flashlight's objective is to have a nice deep red beam quality and not lumen records, I consider this minor change as a benefit.

You will not find the bin code in the manual anymore as Sofirn may use different flux/chromatic bins in future batches. (Yes, that leaves room for interpretation if we get to see more than only 500 pcs being produced.)

Furthermore, Barry was so kind to tell me the measured lumens from Sofirn's integrating sphere: Low is 0.5lm (actually, the anticipated "sublumen mode"), Medium is 9lm and High is 36lm. That does not sound much but please keep in mind that we talk about 660nm and not 625nm. Barry told me that the perceived brightness appears brighter than actually measured, maybe because their integrating sphere needs a different calibration for monochromatic light.

Some small changes will be done on the manual, so the final version will soon be published in post #2.

70 CRI! Not bad for a red monochromatic LED. :smiley:

It's the "standard CRI", so I assume 70 is right. Please correct me if I was wrong. There are no HighCRI LEDs available for colorful light. :-D

Ordered the two I had reserved in two orders of one each (had to pay shipping twice).

Thank you

Preordered, thank you Thomas.

Ordered the two I had indicated an interest in. Thank you Thomas for organising this and thanks to Sofirn for making it.

This was mentioned earlier but you can order more than one by adding them once you reach the cart.

John.

Ordered the 3 that I was in for.
Thanks

A 660nm led has negative CRI or so, my spectrometer refuses to calculate it :slight_smile:
I would not trust measured lumens for 660nm leds unless their integrating sphere works with a spectrometer, in which case it is more trustworthy. But if the 36 lumen is near correct that would be a good brightness, well done.

There is no way to buy the light without registering an account?

In the upper right corner, hover over “Sign In or Join Free”, and choose Connect with PayPal. If you do that, then you don’t need to register.

Not sure if this was quite what I was looking for but I placed an order anyway. Thanks.

The Sofirn website (and PP) fought me every inch into the 21th century, but I managed to order one. Plus $1.99 shipping cost.

Thank you guys for your great confidence in this project! :THUMBS-UP: :-) It's amazing to see something coming alive from a rough idea into an actual product. Without your great support this would not have happened. So, once more thank you all for sharing your ideas here and helping Sofirn to make a special light that is one of a kind (for the moment). Thanks a lot also to Barry from Sofirn for making another BLF flashlight come true!

For now, a more or less final update on the development:
As shipping will commence soon, I have now completed and uploaded the manuals. You can easily download them in English or German language in post #2. I also hosted a readable copy there just in case someone wants to have a brief look. I really hope these manuals will also be supplied as a printed copy with the light.

Thank you Lux-Perpetua :smiley:

Yes - thank you! Much appreciated. It will be a great light. The only thing that would make it better would be the wine colored anodizing.