26800 Lithium-ion battery

See, now that’s just awesome of you to offer! I’m not worried about it…seemed normal and reasonable. Unless you put a Krackle in the box where a Reese’s should be……

Thank you guys . I received my 26800 order today . As a canadian, i was expecting importing fees . The amount declared was 39,60 but it went true without charges . Maybe i will receive a bill in the mail .

Glad to hear that. I’ve been anxious about my purchase, Canada Post kept forecasting “delivery by tomorrow” the past week; today states “unexpected delay”. I also ordered a Yonii charger from BG the same day (April 4th) and should arrive first. Imagine with the Zero Covid lockdowns and the logistics of all incoming/outgoing flights, China still is able to supply our needs. Incredible machine!

Aloft is good, but the USPS International shipping rate of 22.10 USD is a killer. They raised their rates and I see this in 18650BatteryStore as well as MTN. This is my 1st foray with this cell format, else I would have splurged for more – offsetting the flat rate on average per cell.

The Yonii charger overcharge the cell :open_mouth:

Well aware of the Reddit post. I’ll be checking mine and by how much as the fellow pulled his at 4.21V.
I’m not too concerned as I strongly doubt a manufacturer would let the charger go into a runaway situation. If it’s one thing I learned from social media, they’re not to be taken as empirical.

So, I modified a Nitecore UMS2 for 26800 batteries. In my defense, I’ve never used a Dremel before and I was nearly done before I figured out my rpms were too low and causing the material to grab the tool. Oh well. Full imgur post is LINKED HERE

Full View of the Unit

Close up at the destruction I have wrought

Truly, it is hideous.

But it works!

Another pic to show how the spring tabs now fit into the base of the carrier.

Excellent idea!

It's only a matter of time before there's a good retail 26800 charger, but until then, that'll work.

i prefer external install to the grinding option . Being lazy, i got the convoy l8 ( 3a charging and cell ) . Ok, more expensive, but a nice set-up .

I believe this unit will hit 3amps on a single battery provided I use the right power adapter. Unfortunately, it can’t deliver 3 amps to two cells at once. It’s a real shame that my Vapcell S4 Plus couldn’t be made to work in the same way as the UMS2.

CollectEverything. Nicely done not hideous at all. Trust me I know hideous!

A follow-up, Got my Yonii C2000 charger today. Made a test with a 18650 cell (Sofirn - expendable if something goes wrong).

I would have liked to test with a QB, but these haven’t come in yet. CPost screwed up; over 21 days ago was supposedly dispatched from Mississauga but “unexpected delay”. Today re-issued from TO. Sent somewhere into the Aether and back I suppose.

From the looks, the charger does terminate. Somewhat high voltage, don’t know how much stress is acceptable.

With the 65mm cell length there was some intermittent play with the terminals. With 80mm the slider spring should do a better job. Speaking of which, 84mm max opening.

I’ve received an Xtar SC1 Plus (their new 26800 charger) for testing. What kind of information would you like me to include in the review? Here’s what I’ve got so far:

• build quality
  • how long it takes to charge a QB 26800
  • termination voltage
  • whether it continues charging after termination or truly stops
  • termination voltage for discharging (it has a USB-A port for powerbank functionality)
  • minimum and maximum compatible cell length

Since you’re asking;pictures comparative next to another charger, port length, total length, charge current at start and near finish. Pretty much another one of your reviews.

Does it support USB-C to USB-C input (and/or USB-C PD input)? Specifications mention Type-C 5V 3A but that could be USB-A to USB-C with QC3.

Does it support pass-through charging? I.e. Power supply is connected to the charger while a 26800 cell is charging and 5V 2A output is also providing power to a mobile phone. Nice to have but not essential. Many powerbanks don’t have this feature.

I’ll do a basic review in few weeks. :innocent:

There are many good chargers with charge current 1 or 2 Amps which can’t charge batteries longer than 70-71 mm.
For example liitokala lii500 is good charger but can’t charge 21700 or longer batteries.
I think that the solution for the owners of such chargers is to make an adapter for longer batteries according to the model of the adapter for d size nimh batteries that exists for the opus 3100 charger.
I made a couple of such adapters from a plastic water pipe and for the plus contact I put a metal plate and for the minus also a plate but with a contact spring so that it could better adapt to different sizes of batteries. So the plastic adapter has the size of an 18650 battery and the larger battery comes over it and charges above it and the back part goes over the plastic where the minus contact ends which stabilizes it so it can’t be rotated. i am talking about a liitokala 500 charger but so any similar charger can be customized.

XTAR’s new 26800 charger, SC1 Plus, has been released. Here’s my review.

26800 lovers……we have a standing offer from Mooch to test the mystery green- and blue-wrapper versions of this cell if we can send two of a model to him. Comment here in this review thread

I don’t think these cells are sold here in the US, that I’ve seen, just the QB model. Shipping bare cells (i.e. not in a device) from Asia might be problematic costwise. If people are interested, maybe we could do sort of a group donation effort to buy a pair of one or both versions of cells and ship them to Mooch? I don’t know if HKJ would be interested right now…he seems to have tapered off on tests/reviews. Both do excellent tests.

Perhaps we could ask Simon or someone if they’d cut a small discount for the cause.

Anyone interested?

Do you have a picture of the green/blue 26800 cells?

Here are a couple links with pics of the typical green one. The blue one seems mostly on alibaba but both are also on aliexpress. Seems to be a green one with some of the - end of the can exposed, too. Not sure, but I suspect the one Simon has been including with lights is probably the same as what’s in these two links.

http://kaidomain.com/26800B-3_7V-6800mAh-Rechargeable-26800-Li-ion-Battery

Vapcell also lists one, has their gold rewrap on it: 18650 batteries, Vapcell batteries, 18650 Chargers - Vapcelltech.com

And one ali listing for the blue: 22.57€ 22% OFF|2pc Li Ion 3,7 v 5500mah 26800 5C entladung li polymer batterie für taschenlampe elektrische auto spielzeug energie lagerung power tools|Ersatzbatterien| - AliExpress

@Correllux I have three 26800A cells wrapped in green and don’t mind sending two of them to Mooch for testing but I need to work out a way to ship it without using DHL/FedEx because it is too costly. My own testing has shown that the capacity of 26800A is roughly 5800 mAh which is far from the claimed 7200 mAh. The AC impedance of these cells are below 16 milliohms according to my Yaorea YR1035+ battery tester. Here is a stock photo of the cells.

Pic