Slimtim build (mokuti)

I have a whole bunch of pics i can make a bit of a build log to go with the video but meh, i’m not up to it right now.

Another amazing creation. Excellent work once again!

Nice PP! Is the mokuti hard to machine?

And now we know why custom lights cost that much :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice work :wink: Turned out a great great light!!! :sunglasses:

What a beauty!

Very well done , sir .

You have my vote into the ” Flashlight Hall of Fame “. :person_with_crown:
Best video I have watched. :+1:
I’m with ‘djozz’ … ” What a beauty! ”

Thanks guys :beer:

To machine it wasn’t so different from regular titanium. I regularly sharpened cutting bits and changed carbide bits. I didn’t get chatter but did get some serious vibration when boring out the body due mostly to having the boring bar extended out so far. The inside of the tube has a orange peel finish as a result.

Steel damascus was similar to work with from memory. Mokume gane produced bigger vibrations, it was almost like chatter.

I am impressed
super nice :+1:

Regards Xandre

Still feel your pain during the mokume built. Nice to see this one went smooth.

Thanks a lot for posting this video Pink Panda.
I’ve never seen how does the work of turning a flashlight look before and I really enjoyed watching it.

Now that you mention that… yes… YES… I’m very happy with how the build went :crown:

I’m glad you enjoyed it. I watched the video many times during editing so don’t really like it now. I often thought during editing “what did i do that for?” and “geez I stuff around a lot”. I guess it’s good in a way, I will hopefully be more efficient on the lathe in future :student: