Wurkkos TS21 tear down

Is the problem with the Anduil 1 or Andruil 2 version or both?

In my case is Anduril 2

The drain jumps around on the meter. There is a bug causing it and probably related to the button light jumping around bug.

Mine is the 219C Anduril 2 version as well.

That’s not a firmware bug. The boost regulator for the powerbank function pulses regularly because it has to check if there is a device connected.

Thank you for explaining this…but…why it has to check if a device is connected?
In this mode it drain battery more fast but I switch off the led button…I don’t like color

Maybe not only the powerbank controller. Anduril wakes up several times a second to check the battery voltage. That will increase the power consumption as well. I’ll take a measurement (of a different anduril flashlight) later.

Here are some measurements of an Emisar D4v2 Tintramping, done with a 100 Ohm shunt resistor.

Aux LEDs off:

Aux and switch LEDs blinking:

Does anyone knows if the magnet can be removed from the tail cap of this light ? I don’t want a magnet near my credit cards :slight_smile: .

It seems to be glued but it looks like it would be possible to remove. This is below the spring:

It shares threads with sofirn sp35 and probably other sofirn/wurkkos lights as well.

Great. Thanks for this info!

FWIW, the wide regions of increased current are fixed now. I didn’t have it properly going into the ADC sleep mode during measurements, so it stayed on way longer than it should while checking the battery.

Overall, the fix seems to reduce average standby current by about 15 or 20 uA. With aux LEDs on low, that means a drop from about 100 uA to 80 or 85 uA.

1 Thank

I’ll check it again once I’m home.

Here’s a measurement of the updated version. Same setup.

Detail of wake-up with ADC measurement (left side) and regular wake-up.

1 Thank

Thanks! It looks exactly how I thought it would… and it’s good to see the fix worked as intended.

It helps to use the correct sleep mode during an ADC measurement. :sweat_smile:

Indeed. Even while it is measuring every second instead of ~8s it consumes a lot less power in total.

PS: Someone should sponsor you an oscilloscope. :blush:

2 Thanks

Did Wurkkos ever address the high parasitic drain on the TS21? If so, is there a way to know what rev is a given TS21 flashlight?

Wurkkos has semi-recently redesigned the drriver for the TS21 to use a T1616 MCU instead of the old T85. I’m guessing they probably also fixed that issue with the new driverr.

Can’t speak for detailed revision codes but if you take the tube off and look at the driver, the new version will have 3 flashing pads visible.

2 Thanks

I bought one a few weeks ago. Draws 3ma on high. That works out to 70 days. And draw will go down as cell depletes so probably 50% longer than that. I just leave aux on high. I find low too dim

Mine was purchased on 31 December 2023 and with the LED on high, draws 2.07 mA.