The 10th Annual Old Lumens challenge - has officially concluded! Winners have been announced!

My modified flashlight is now finished.

Many thanks to all the organisators, judges and sponsors. :+1: It was nice to be a part of this year’s contest. :heart_eyes:

Well I’m still going to finish the light, but it won’t be on time. So, I concede and bow to all the great builders this year, wishing everyone best of luck and sincere thanks!

Really happy to have joined in after thinking about it for years. Special thankyou to Yuval who jumped in with some critical guidance. I will continue my build thread and share the results for anyone curious :+1:

Well done to all, I’m gonna miss following all the build threads. You guys should all be proud of what you have created. Good luck to the judges, they have not made it easy for you! :beer:

That's a wrap! The building period of the 10th Annual Old Lumens Challenge has officially ended.

Thank you to all of this year's participants. It has been a pleasure to witness your effort and creativity!

Judges will now be solicited, and winners chosen, so that prizes can be selected from the prize pool.

If anyone would like to volunteer to judge the contest, please PM this account.

:+1:
Thanks for the organization and efforts to make this happen :sunglasses:

I anticipated that there might not be as many prizes as entrants. My contingency plan was to offer a prize of my own to sweeten the pot.

As an additional prize I will offer some custom MagLite “shorty” builds which I have been working on for quite a while now. I will offer three in total. You can choose any color of MagLite body.

Specs:
D Mag shorty, dual bored for dual 18650 in 1S2P configuration, dual constant current drivers with independent Anduril 2 installs, separate spot and flood channels with independent controls.
The switches are integrated into the head.
Spot channel: 3x Osram WF1 behind reflectors, 9 Amps drive current total.
Flood: 3x 219b sw4500k (or if you prefer, dedomed 519A, any CCT) behind diffused TIR optics. 6 Amps drive current total.

The caveat is that these are not ready to ship. I anticipate completion in a couple of months or so.

I’m thrilled to see this is still going strong and see so many old friends doing Justin proud. Cheers y’all!

That sounds like a heck of a prize! Surely worth the wait.

The results are in! Congratulations to everyone who entered this year's challenge.

Hand Made Category

Machine made category

• No completed entries this year.

Modified Light Category

YuvalS gets first choice of prize, followed by Skylight, next MtnDon, next The Whispering Gallery, and so on. PMs incoming!

Congrats!

Nice to see you around here J-Dub :wink:

Thanks Hoop for the organization and kindness providing some prizes :face_with_monocle:

Thanks to the previous organizers and also this year’s judges :beer:

Congrats to the winners and well done to all that entered the OL Contest this year :wink:

Congratulations everyone; especially YuvalS.

Oooooo this is exciting for sure, Congrats to everyone!

yall have beautiful lights. Seriously, they are absolute works of art.

Congratulations to all!

Hoop, your management time and work are greatly appreciated. Without your efforts, we would be twiddling our thumbs. Thanks very much.

Thanks everybody.

It is a great honor to finally take the first prize in tha handmade category.

Thank you Hoop for organization and for the judges.

I will be honored to have one of Hoop's amazing Magliths

Congratulations all!

And thanks to everyone who worked to make it happen - contestants, judges, organizers, and sponsors alike.

I hope to be able to enter next year.

Congrats and thanks to everyone involved! It’s always a pleasure to see everybody’s projects. YuvalS, yours was such a unique project, I think that was a 1st Place very well earned!

Yes, when I saw how it progressed and worked out I said to myself that it was The First Place Project!

Your lights are nothing to sneeze at, Don, ever. :slight_smile:

Well done everyone and big props to Hoop for being this year’s organiser :beer: