【Update】Wurkkos TS25 21700 version "slender waist" Quad Main LEDs and RGB Aux LEDs

Also received mine. Regarding Limsup’s comments, here’s my take:

1. Inconsistent button: Fortunately my button works fine and has the same weight/action as my TS21’s button, so everything’s fine.
2 and 3: The main drawback I find is that I didn’t find an option to turn down the AUX led’s brightness, nor to enable the always on led in the button to help me find the light in the dark, as my TS21 did. I’ll probably use it with the aux leds off with no way to find it in the dark.
4: I second these, as I’d like to update my TS25 if a newer firmware with these corrections is made available. Otherwise, I could live without flashing pads no problem.
5: Indeed. One easier option is to aim the batt check blinks towards a blank wall.

519A 5000K is very good indeed. Very neutral throughout the brightness range. My SST-20 5000K TS21 in comparison is greener at lower levels and more magenta at higher ones.
My copy also came with a 5000 mAh 21700 probably made by BAK, which I understand withstands a little bit more current than Lishen’s (which came in my old TS21).
The light also feels very good in hand (softer grip than TS21’s due to the tube’s different CNC pattern).
The switch is more proud than TS21’s. A raised guard of some sort could be a nice add-on to be investigated by Wurkkos.

All in all IMO the main issue relies in the aux leds control. Otherwise a very fine light.

Edit: Also comparing to TS21 SST-20, hotspot seems a bit bigger, but spill seems a lot dimmer (probably more spread out). I’m still deciding about a de-dome, but could be an option should I need more throw.

Wurkkos responded to my Aliexpress messages. They responded that they can include “compensatory gift” on my next order. A gift for a defective unit??? I opened a dispute on this order. I will see how Aliexpress support concludes.

This was my fifth order with Wurrkos. I had no issue with the first four, but when I received a defective unit I was offered with a gift with my next order. Manufacturing defects can happen, but I am very disappointed with how Wurkkos handles customers who received a defective unit.

When I got a IF25A from Sofirn (via Shopee app) which had 2 out of 4 emitters only working, they offered 2 warranty options- either refund or replacement.

IMO, the faulty switch is well, faulty. Send pictures, videos, etc for support and Wurkkos should honor that warranty for a faulty switch.

Congrats to the winners and thanks Wurkkos :wink:

I think refund or replacement is a reasonable option. I had expected similar resolution, however I was met with an offer that they will give me a gift on my next order. A gift of unknown value? Gift also means I cannot choose what I will get. I don’t think their will be any next order. That gift offer was given to me after I have already shown the video of the problem.

I have opened a dispute right away. Then Wurkkos offered 50% refund. You sell a product with a major defect and still ask for 50%? Try selling an Anduril light with a button that works randomly.

How could I comfortably buy a flashlight from Wurkkos if I have to suffer losses for the their fault? Mistakes can happen, but I am not willing to allow manufacturers to put the burden of their mistakes on the customers.

From my experience, I would not recommend ordering directly from Wurkkos. Because you will be offered a gift on the next order if you happen to get a defective unit. At least I had an option to file dispute via Aliexpress. Only after I filed dispute, they offered 50% refund. This is sad.

I will also make my comments on the Wurkkos TS25 which just arrived. I got the Nichia 519A 5000k variant.

I have not done a complete test of the flashlight yet. But what I immediately noticed was the very bright aux-LED.

(I haven’t checked this message thread when I tried the TS25, so it’s only now that I read Limsup’s comments regarding the aux-LED and firmware operation behavior).

There is NO MANUAL included with the Wurkkos TS25 - just the flashlight, lanyard strap, spare o-ring, USB charging cable.

A quick test indicates that the Wurkkos TS25 uses Anduril 2.

Next thing I did is do a version check (I changed from Simple to Advanced UI).
Version check reports: Anduril 2 version 2022-02-08 model 614

(for reference:

Earlier Wurkkos TS10 also had the same Anduril version of 2022-02-08 model 614.
So it would appear to have used the same firmware as the TS10… but the TS25 has RGB aux-LED whereas the “aux-LED” on the TS10 is basically just a mirror of the button-LED behavior

*side note: latest batch of TS10 now seems to have Anduril 2 version 2022-07-19 model 714)

As such, it appears that 7H does not work on the TS25.

(for reference:

The RGB aux-LED on the Emisar D4v2 is: 7C = changes brightness levels, similar to what happens on the TS10, it changes the brightness of the aux-LED/button-LED of the TS10

7H on the Emisar D4v2 will change the aux-LED color mode.)

Now here on the TS25, 7H does NOT do anything (it would appear that maybe it didn’t use the right RGB aux-LED firmware on the TS25).

However, 7C on the TS25, does something else:

It does NOT change brightness level of the TS25 RGB aux-LED… but instead, it changes the color mode.

After a factory reset, the default TS25 RGB Aux-LED behavior is:

*“Color-cycling” mode = slowly changes color from
red -> red+green -> green -> green+blue (looks like “cyan”) -> blue -> blue+red (looks like “purple”) -> red+green+blue -> back to red*

(side comment: the “green” appears brighter than the red or blue,
so for 2 or 3 color combinations (red+green or green+blue or red+green+blue => the green sort of overpowers the other 2 color aux-LEDs)

Now, whereas 7H does not do anything on the TS25; each 7C does these:

Color-cycling -> “Voltage” mode (color depends on the battery voltage level) -> Red only -> Green only -> Blue only -> Off (no aux-LED lit) -> back to Color-cycling

(there is NO WAY to change brightness level of the RGB aux-LED)

With the above 7C behavior figured out (I think it works both in Simple and Advanced UI mode)

Now with the above behavior figured out, I decided to measure the aux-LED power consumption (with main light off):

Color-cycling: 9-26mA (ie. when 2 aux-LEDs are lit-up, then it uses more power, when all 3 RGB aux-LEDs are cycled, it’s at max 260mA)
Red: 12.5mA
Green: 10mA
Blue: 9mA
Off: 0.06-0.11mA (60-110uA)

Basically, except on Off state, the aux-LEDs will consume quite a lot of power (even with only R or G or B only, the power consumption is around 10-11mA average ; that works out to less than around 20 days for a fully-charged 5000mAh 21700 battery)

One other oddity of note for the aux-LED:

It appears that the aux-LED will always turn ON (aux-LED lights up - it respects the aux-LED state above) when the main LED is OFF.

Now what this means is:

- in regular ON (eg. ramping mode, the main LED is ON, no matter from lowest to max brightness = the aux-LEDs stays OFF)

• in candle, tactical strobe, party strobe, bike-flash modes: the main light stays ON, so the the aux-LEDs will stay OFF

- but in Lightning mode, which will randomly completely turn off the main light, the aux-LED will now be lighted up in between the “flashes of lightning”
(if the aux-LED is in ‘color-cycling’ mode, then the aux-LED will be doing color-cycling in between the “flashes of lightning” for lightning mode

- also in battery-check, temperature-check, beacon, SOS mode: the main light turns Off in between each flash, so for instance, while in Beacon mode, after the Beacon main light is Off, the aux-LED turns ON.
this makes counting the battery voltage or temperature check distracting, because in between the main light turning ON (voltage or temperature count), the aux-LED are also turning ON…

added:

Unlike in the true RGB aux-LED supporting Anduril (which has 7H function), it seems that for the TS25, there is only 1 aux-LED state whether in Unlocked or Locked mode.

(for instance, Emisar D4v2 can have a different aux-LED state for Unlocked mode, vs Locked mode)

Thus, for instance, I would like the color-cycling aux-LED state when Unlocked, and voltage mode when Locked-out… but this is not currently supported on the TS25…

(I notice one can change the aux-LED via 7C, whether in Simple UI mode, in Advanced UI mode, in Unlocked mode, and also in Locked mode,
so changing the aux-LED state while in Lockout mode, will also carry over to the same aux-LED state after Unlocking the flashlight.
)

I have not tested the other features like powerbank and other functions yet…

You have to click 7 times (7C) quickly for it to change the AUX LED mode. If you click slowly (as you can in standard Anduril UI lights), it will not do anything. I had hard time clicking the switch quickly because of the defective button on my TS25.

That almost sounds like aux LEDs are controlled independent from Anduril. I hope there’s no special hardware involved and that they’ve just inserted a custom interrupt handler into the hex. (but why? Why not use the official support for colored aux LEDs in Anduril? This makes no sense to me.)

Got mine on Friday. I like the beam shape, I really like the CCT.

I'm not crazy about the lack of a boost driver. This thing gets hella hot, as one might imagine.

I'm definitely not thrilled that the aux led brightness is fixed. I'd either like to turn off the aux leds and enable the switch light to one when powered off so I can locate the light, or lower their brightness.

It feels good in the hand when you wrap your hand aroudn the entire frame, but once in use as it gets hot, and you shift your hand downward, the middle section seems a bit small to grasp properly.

Overall, I like the light, and it may replace my EDC18 and KR4 given that it has a magnetic tail, and high CRI (519a). I hope they get the aux led thing figured out though.

Sorry about issues of the TS25, we will take care of it and update to the enigneer

Thanks for the GAW. I love that these lights are coming with power bank!

Looks great.

Nice looking light.

fwiw, the button on the TS25 I just received works great, and the Aux can be color cycled, or turned Off using 7C

I have posted a review here Review: Wurkkos TS25 updated with Production Model Aux info

When will the production batch be available?

about 30-45 days later

I’ve just published my review of the Wurkkos TS25.

Why has it a fully protruding button?

A basic rule for designing a light with electronic switches is use a recessed button.
I thought Wurkkos figured it out with the TS21. These two little nubs are enough.

I am sick of glueing washers to my lights!
Other bummers are:

- parasitic drain is much too high

• no flashing pads

Will the production version have flashing pads?

flashing pads ,what is that means

Contacts for firmware update