9th BLF/Old-Lumens Challenge, People's Choice: Vote for Your Favorite

Yes but they have to members to vote i think.

You are right about them needing to be members to vote.

BUMP for visibility.

Less than 24 Hours remaining! BUMP!

I wonder why always the hand-made and machine-made categories get the first places.

It seems like the first places in hand-made and machine-made are already quite clear. Not much choice in the machine made category but at least we have one nice entry.

I like the way of letting people choose first.

Half hour left. BUMP!

EDIT: Apparently, I can’t convert time zones. There’s still 2 hours left.

Well, I am puzzled. By my counting the poll should have closed automatically about 30 minutes ago. I have asked sb to have a look. I was wondering if the editing I made to add scallywag after the poll was first posted could affect the timer and had mentioned this to sb.

So we are waiting for him and also waiting for the official judging and prizes coordinator, everydaysurvivalgear, to check in here.

(I am having a devil of a time posting this; my connection keeps dropping for some reason.)

Okay folks so the 9th BLF/Old-Lumens Challenge, People's Choice have come to an end.

In first place we have MtnDon congratulations on taking out first place, MtnDon gets first pick of any light from the list. Let us know what light you want.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/67929

In second place we have gChart who gets to chose from one light from Banggoods offering.

In third place we have Asian8640 who also gets to chose one light from Banggoods offering.

Congratulations to the winners

Congratulations to all, but especially to Don! A very worthy winner indeed, I am so happy for you mate!

Hey hey, white smoke :wink:

Congrats MtnDon, gchart and Asian8640 for the winning/podium on the People’s Choice!!

To you and all the other contestants, thanks again for keeping up with the Old-Lumens spirit and for your ideas and results! :wink:

And to the organizing team, again, many thanks for making the contest possible again :wink:

Thank you to everyone who voted for me. Also a big thank you to everyone who entered the challenge. Without the participants, we would not have a challenge.

I would like to select one of the Skilhunt E2A lights. I will also copy this over to The 9th BLF Old Lumens Challenge … Sponsors and Judges thread.

Congrats to the winners and thanks again to the organizers.
Special thanks to the single member who liked my project :)

Congrats to Don.

Possible suggestion for the future, don’t know if it is viable. Maybe 3 votes per person with weighting to each position. I just thought that it might be better because it didn’t feel right just choosing one out of so many great entries.

Something like 5 for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 1 for 3rd.

Well done to everyone that entered, enjoyed reading about the builds and seeing the final entries.

Congrats to all the great entries. I enjoyed following them.

Darnit… I forgot to vote! Not that it matters, but would have been for gChart! The BLF spirit is alive and well with this one. The MtnDon entry is beautiful as always, there seemed to have been several well planned entries this year!

gChart caught my eye as I use several D1 Mini’s in my home automation network and would love to integrate his project into a network like mine.

Congrats, Don! And seriously, big congratulations to all of you for entering and taking so much time with photographs and descriptions and discussing your projects. It’s always fun to see what people come up with and how they deal with the challenges and ooopses and things that pop up out of nowhere during a build. And always great to see the successes along the way with a finished working light at the end. Good work, everybody. And thanks to all of you organizers for stepping up this year to handle the contest!

Congrats to the winners!

Congratulations winners and thanks to all entrants! I enjoyed reading all your build threads.

Edit: Big thanks to the organizers and judges and anyone else involved! Had so much fun building with y’all!

Congratulations Don, a well deserved win :person_with_crown:

Congrats to everyone ! All looked good ! :+1: