2.4A Driver for XP-E2

Ummm, yeah. :laughing:

I have the blue XP-E2 as well, just need a pill to put it on.

I am terribly disapointed Luminus has not actually produced their green. From their spec sheet it claims 700+ lumens from a 1mm2 die, FAR more then the XP-E2.

I sure do love playing with this light, lots of fun. It’s near where I want it, but the beam could be a little more solid (hence my hope for the wavien). The parts to put that together should be here tomorrow.

And don’t forget, that by the time you zoom an aspheric to project The Bat Signal from the LED, out-the-front lumens is down to maybe a third, if you’re lucky. 300lm from the LED means maybe 100lm out the front.

That’s why a kick-ass reflector is the best way to throw as much light on the target as possible, but it generally needs to be pretty big (C8 size, ~43mm, at the very least).

At the cost of (unwanted?) spill lighting up the foreground somewhat, of course.

Check the HS-802. Pretty cheap to use as a host, maybe 18-20bux, and like I said, a nice deep reflector to push as much light OTF as possible.

Dedome your led for the uft20 and here are 2 good drivers but your must use one led on copper plate 20 mm

https://www.fasttech.com/p/5278500

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1612/10017778/4594600

:person_facepalming:

:laughing:

I have gone with ashpheric to minimize spill,and from everything I am reading Aspheric throw is just as good, if not better, than reflector.

Sad to say, as close to a laser as I can get, without being an actual laser, is what I want.

A LEP isn’t an actual laser. Just sayin…

If it can make a visable beam, isn’t illegal, and won’t blind you, then I’m interested.

Would you be ok using a white LED?

You could get an SST-20 5000k 65CRI and slice it for absolute maximum throw on a budget, has decent CCT, and does not require insane focusing.

Heck, if not counting for dedoming, it’s still the throwiest 3V 3535 emitter by quite a margin.

too bad Cree made XQE HIs but not XPE2 without dome
they use the same die, but XQEs without thermal pad cant be driven hard at all

Even on a VirEnce MCPCB? Has that been tried?

I run XD16’s on VirEnce boards at well above spec’d max current, I’m sure XQE’s could take it too!

Reflowing 1616 LED’s onto a 5050 pad isn’t exactly easy…