3 volt XHP50.2

It should be the same as the XHP50.2 6v version, just with half the voltage and double the current of the tests you see for the 6v version.

Ah gotcha. Thanks. I don’t trust my lumen box so much with the ceiling bounce app because I noticed it fluctuates for some reason. No idea if it’s because of my phone or something, which is why I wanted to see a graph so I can kinda get a more accurate guess for the output.

Do yourself a favour and buy a cheap luxmeter instead of using your phone’s ambient light sensor as a luxmeter, even the ultra budget Uni-T UT383 luxmeter is miles better than the meter on your phone. Just found it on aliexpress for under 10 dollar shipped: Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

Yep, definitely will be getting one. I looked at some earlier today and realized they’re not that expensive. Thanks for your help!

Does anyone have an idea what the Vf is at certain currents? For example 1A,3A,5A etc.

Easy.

You take the XHP50.2 current draw, divide it by 4, and compared it to the XP-G3:

Say you push 1A to the XHP50.2. That means 0,25A/LED.

1A Vf = 2,77V
3A Vf = 2,93V
5A Vf = 3,05V
10A Vf = 3,24V
20A Vf = 3,50V

That’s what makes the XHP50.2 so dangerous for FET builds: if the components aren’t rated for it(springs/driver/switch/board), bad things can happen.

I ran my 3v xhp50.2 L4P driver in direct drive with 20 awg leads (i’m guessing this is the bottleneck) 22awg bypassed springs, omten 1288 and 30A continuous cell and other than generating a lot of heat with no visible increase in lumen everything seems to be working fine for extended periods.

My last build :
3V XHP50.2
L4P LD-A4 12A driver set to Direct Drive on Turbo
Convoy M1 host
Bypassed rear spring
Samsung 30Q 18650

It pulls 14,4A on Turbo, and makes 3393 Lumens…

If the Vf at 10A = 3.24V then it means I should get full regulated lumens with a 30Q at resting V of about 3.7V (factoring in voltage sag). I’m testing this in in my A6 host with LD-A4 driver. That should mean a lot of 2500+ lumen turbo runs, right?

I seriously need to buy a lux meter just to test this… Or I hope someone will do a proper test and give us a reference chart.

Got 3 lights all xhp50.2 3V in 3 tints amutorch x9 6000k, convoy c8+ 6250k, sofirn q8 in 6500k and some short video beam shot indoor and outdoor. I am taken with my old iPhone 6 so video is not very clear.
Sofirn Q8, Amutorch X9, Convoy C8+ beam shot - YouTube][video:Sofirn Q8, Amutorch X9, Convoy C8+ short video beam shot all xhp50.2 led pt.2 - YouTube

Hey guys, I’m about to reflow my 3v XHP50.2, but how do you figure out which side is + and -?

The little T shape is missing. Instead, I see 3 tiny lines on one side, and 1 line on the other.

Thanks in advance!

3 tiny lines is +

Search;LEDs & Other Stuff - (Reference Guide) on BLF search

Thanks tm07! I searched pretty well, just couldn’t find it.

If you’re reflowing and can’t see the lines underneath, post 250 in this thread has a pic.

Cathode side has the little dot in the corner.

Thanks nkresho!

I just installed one of these 3v XHP50.2 in my C8 last night with an OP reflector, man what a great light! :heart_eyes: I tried it with a SMO reflector, but didn’t care for the beam. The OP reflector makes it look fantastic though!

I’m currently using a RMM FET which comes with the 22awg spring bypass (straight through the middle of the driver). I wonder if I would get even more output from larger led wires.

Sliced the dome on my BLF A6 XHP50.2

MUCH nicer beam. The fried egg is hardly noticeable, only when white wall hunting.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aohoT3ZroyXqsMtYA

Now it’s actually a usable EDC Firestarter.

I have a C8+ host laying around…

Do I need to enlarge the C8 OP reflector opening to fit the XM centering ring?

Where did you ordered the 3V XHP50.2 from, kd?

It depends. Some C8 hosts have a 7mm opening, others have a 9mm opening. If you have one with a 9mm opening the XHP50.2 will fit with the XM-L gasket.

I recently bought a black and desert tan C8+ host and the came with different size openings on the reflectors.

Edit: Wait, I’m talking nonsens. With the right gasket it should fit irrespective of what C8 reflector you have.

I’m neither tint snob nor beam snob so I figured it would be OK. I just built my first light with the 3V XHP50.2, a L4 with SMO reflector. I turned it on last night… My god… :confounded: :confounded: :weary:

I gotta find me OP reflectors for all reflector lights I intend to use this LED in!