3rd Annual BLF Scratch Made Light Contest - Final results!
Judges have been working very hard and the results are in.
People's Choice Award voting is still active. Please show your appreciation and vote here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/72710
This year's competition was very tight and all finished lights were absolutely magnificent! This made judging very difficult, and we had to make tough decisions when arranging the contestants to correct order.
While judging we not only concentrated on what we think was the best light in the competition, but went through all the build threads and systematically gave points based on the following criteria:
- Uniqueness/Innovativeness of the build: Is it a one of a kind? Different? Using New methods?
- Skill level of the finished build: Does it look like a hack job? Or were the finished parts/assemblies done with skill and care?
- Thoroughness of the build thread: Did the builder do a good job of showing and explaining to the forum how he did the steps in the build?
- Documenting also the failures & obstacles: How did the builder solve the inevitable problems? Documenting the obstacles and using the power of the BLF community to solve them is seen as a big plus!
- Following the guidelines: Did the builder follow the rules and guidelines written in the contest thread?
Before going to the results, I'd like to thank once more all competitors for their hard work building the lights and documenting their builds for us readers to admire and learn from. Thank You very much! :)
..and then to results.
The winner in hand made category was described by judges like this: "Superbly original and innovative, serious skill", "Masterpiece build as expected." "Had to deduct a point for little to no issue documentation. Did he really have any issues?" "The guy knows exactly what he is doing and how to do it.".
Who might it be? You might guess..
The winner in machine made category was described by judges like this: "Fantastic fit and finish.", "Another amazing light!", "Well documented in all ways."
Who's work could be described like that?
Congratulations to the winners! (And in this case, everyone who finished their light is a winner!)
Now, all prizes will be put into one pool, and contestants can now pick the prize of their choice in the following order:
4. DB Custom
The available prizes are (in no particular order):
- A replica of last year’s winner (provided by DBSAR – see post #109 in this thread)
- BLF Custom Ti light (Unique and stylish light by WWEFANS, provided by WWEFANS & yours truly)
- Manker Godmes (Bluetooth app controlled light, provided by Banggood)
- Olight S30 Ti (Very nice Titanium light, provided by Gearbest)
- $100 Gift certificate to Mountain Electronics
- $40 Gift Certificate to Mountain Electronics
- Sinner Custom Copper Triple EDC (provided by Sinner’s Custom Host Designs)
- Fully modded 502B with copper fins and LD-2 driver (provided by Rufusbduck)
- Mystery 502B, modded by the master himself (provided by Old-Lumens)
- *NEW* Custom EDC light from MRsDNF (see build thread here)
+ K40t (Modded searchlight with 1200m of throw, provided by hc-lights.fi) for People’s Choice
+ Shadow JM35 (Small, one cell MTG2 light, provided by Gearbest) for People's Choice 2nd
I'd also like to thank our sponsors who made this competition possible! Please support them when buying your next flashlights or accessories.
Next we head to the prize selection ceremony:
Would you DBSAR please begin and select which prize would you like to have? :)