660nm 18650/21700 flashlight

It won’t really fit into your price range, but for any other criteria, this should be a good fit:

There is a Luminus SST-20 Deep Red tint option for extra $5.

I have D4SV2, which is less EDC with its 26650 battery, but fitted with these emitters, really hard-hitting. (My best purchase most recently.)

Either you take this (fitted with Osram ‘white square’ red - not deep red, actually):

Or you can find the same driver for red LED separately, and use your emitter choice in a Convoy host:

Unfortunately, you cannot get SST-20 Deep Red separately from Hank’s store, but you could ask him to add that option here:

KDLITKER E6 does not have a ramping UI, but it is inexpensive and available with 660nm emitters.

You need to choose the KDLITKER E6 option to get the $6 host. There are 4 modes: Very Lo (1) > Lo (5) > Med (30) > Hi (100).

$22.99 KDLITKER E6 + KDLITKER P6-TRI 3 X CREE XP-E2 PHOTO RED 660NM 800 LUMENS 3V - 9V 5-MODE P60 DROP-IN MODULE
http://kaidomain.com/Flashlight-DIY-and-Tools/led-drop-in/KDLITKER-P6-LED-Drop-in/KDLITKER-P6-TRI-3-x-Cree-XP-E2-Photo-Red-660nm-800-Lumens-3V-9V-5-Mode-P60-Drop-in-Module

Here is a review of KDLITKER E6 with another P60 drop-in module with 3 different emitter types:

If you prefer 21700, there is a 21700 host that you can buy for $12.99.

$12.99 KDLITKER E6(21700) P60 FLASHLIGHT HOST - BLACK
http://kaidomain.com/KDLITKER-E6-21700-P60-Flashlight-Host-Black

2x to 3x more light from a triple compared to a single, depending on how hard they are driven.

If you get XP-G3 Photo Red or SST-20 Deep Red, you will get more light per emitter than XP-E2 Photo Red.

I like and recommend Emisar D4V2 with SST-20 Deep Red and 7.5A CC driver. I don’t know if Hank uses his 7.5A CC driver by default, but you can get it if you email him and ask. $50 is a good price for a quad with ramping UI, Anduril features, aux leds, and decent build quality.

XP in Cree dictionary only stands for that it is a 3.5mm×3.5mm LED. XP-E2 has smaller light emitting surface, than XP-G3, so probably a bit throwier, than SST-20, but I am not sure, how it exactly compares to the SST-20’s light emitting surface.

As I didn’t see them side by side, I cannot say, that it is the best choice, but only based on what I saw with SST-20, it is a very solid choice.