A flashlight to surpass the Imalent MS18 in power?

I actually just got back from taking my MS18 out. The only problem is finding somewhere big enough to use it. I found a field maybe 200 yards long and houses past off in the distance and even a quick zap kit them up so bright it was unreal

That would be funny if they made laws about flashlights, what with all the seemingly bigger problems the gov should be working on.

Occasionally I do MS18 in one hand and R90TS is the other hand. Or R90TS and BLF GT94. Or two GT94. Or MF05 and MT90 Plus. Or GT94 and MT90 Plus. Or Two X65.

The MS18 is the only light that disturbed my neighbors shining it down the middle of the residential street. No other big light caused them any disturbance.

My lights: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/9150/287

Username checks out

First four letters of my first name, and the first four letters of my last name. My full name is here: https.//blog.dogsbite,org/2021/12/alaska-woman-killed-by-dog-pack-sumter-county-south-carolina-home.html#comment-41639

I am skinny, I went vegan six years ago. Money for flashlights: I retired at age 45 after working ten years in the behavioral health field. I walk seven brisk, hilly miles daily for 65 months for 13,000 miles, and the money that I saved by not having to pay hospital bills because I did not got bitten by three loose aggressive dogs is the money that I spend on small, medium, large and huge flashlights. The other 62 loose dogs that I encountered on the residential street were not an immediate dog bite injury threat, so I did not save any money when they did not bite me.

Well, anyway, I am waiting for Imalent to make a MS18 90.2.

edit: Link not live. I am senior global moderator on a paid product computer security forum, so I like non-live external links.

That’s an amazing, yet tragic story, my fellow vegan friend! I have friends who make jokes about how much money I spend on gadgets (i.e. why do you need a flashlight like that? Do you need to find something on the ground?). Meanwhile the one guy has two luxury vehicles with combined lease payments of like $3,000 a month compared to a my paid-off, 5-year old hybrid :slight_smile:

Big fan of revelations btw.

Oh, man. Awful. I can only imagine the terror of being chewed to death by dogs. Not to get into a breed tirade… I get how some breeds known for vicious tendencies can be conditioned to be sweet lovable dogs, but… that gene is in the blood. You can’t edit it out. There IS always some risk. As I see it, one is just asking for trouble dabbling in breeds like that. There are well proven domesticated breeds that won’t have that vicious streak that can kill.

I wasn't implying that lights and lasers were equal. I said I was worried about the two being conflated in a vague law. My remark about headlight laws is in a separate paragraph because it is a separate point.

This may be wrong, but I heard somewhere that some existing laws are based on wattage. Of course, that would be a problem since LED lights have a fraction of the wattage for higher outputs compared to traditional bulbs. But whether or not that’s the case, my point is that reform is needed because whatever is in place is clearly not working. Some of these newer cars even have banks of LEDs in the tail lights that are positively blinding. RIDICULOUS

That would be great but even more expensive.

I can imagine them doing 18 XHP50.3 HI, SST70 or SFT70. That should be almost as good as SBT90.2 in terms of lumens and throw.

It would also be cool to have one with a fully regulated driver. Acebeam and Imalent should work together on something awesome.

It's enough?

[quote=Fetro]

È abbastanza?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kp9VY-COPE-xL1I-Nr0ni9Q7I_CTAsCx/view?usp=drivesdk

[/Citazione]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LK40-_Chk4TI6p23Ule7qmoOOwEOOHQt/view?usp=drivesdk

I’d buy that in a heartbeat. Maybe powered by three of Elon’s mighty 46800s

… although that brings up another question in my mind… will there be a new “ SBT90.3” at some point? The lumens per watt information was fascinating and although it sounds like we’re reaching the limit of that ratio for LEDs, batteries are another thing entirely. I’ve read a little about solid state batteries that are coming, as well as lithium air.

46800 cells woudn’t be the best choice because the lower voltage would mean higher current and more conduction losses. The MS18 is around what ? 600W output (direct drive) ? So around 60~80A input current and 100A output for a 3S to 6V buck converter, each milliOhms in the current path would lead to substantial losses. At these power levels we want the highest voltage possible, like 8S to 3x6V, or 12S to 5x6V

The Padawan is learning…:slight_smile: I didn’t know any of that, particularly about the input/output current of the buck driver