A New 1xAA/1x14500 light with Side Switch (Stepless Version Added)

I can’t go more than a week without my ‘FIX’.

I know, I’m hurtin

Is this a Stepless Version?

… the conjecture will rage on.

This thread now contains four (4) possible sources for the “Palight X4.”

The above post by VFM Addict (Thank You) not only added a link to source #4, but that ad claims stepless dimming, 900 lumens and a (higher) price that includes a charger, a 14500 battery and a strap. (I’d delete those if I could.)

I’ll much prefer reading this thread if/when we are able to chat about the lights themselves, not merely marketing and claims.

looks like a cool EDC light, i wonder how it compares to other AA/14500 lights.
It reminds me of a Ultrafire UF-T20 ( which i have, and like very much. The only gripe i have with the UF-T20 is the PWM on the lower settings.

we are all wondering about it too…………anybody have one?

Anybody can give a review ?

How many lumens in nimh battery ?
What about medium and low with li-ion battery ?

Im still waitin, it was shipped on 14th…

Just got an email from wallbuys, saying they were going to add this light for about $24, soon.

Link to my review: Review: Palight X4 1x14500/1xAA *Beamshots added*

Try to get a groupbuy price :slight_smile:

Fasttech carries Palight’s twin - Solarstorm SC01 for a lot less:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1663802

It’s made diferently around the switch and has no memory, the one from CNQ has mode memory and cooling fins.

$10 for mode memory? It also can be a typo.

I see it on the site now. It’s $33.33 (as low as $24.24 if you buy 4+). The one from FT is tempting as you can get 2 for the price of the Palight version. Just wondering how they compare to each other.

If I got it right from your rewiew, you need to cycle through modes on Palight to turn it off. Quite possible FT called it “no memory” on SC01. Anyway, we’ll never know until someone gets one.

Yes you have to cycle through HIGH to turn it off.

So neither X1, nor SC01 have a memory. There’s no reason to buy Palight over Solarstorm.

EDIT. Couldn’t resist. $15 shipped (with tracking) for this light seems like a great deal.

Rats. Yes, I’d pay $10 for mode memory.
Anyone out there listening?
I’m ready for someone to start up a “BudgetLightDrivers” website. Let’s fix this stuff!