AAA driver for red led?

Hi, I have a Sofirn C01R with SST-20 red that stopped working after a couple years. I took the driver out and a solder blob fell out so I’m guessing it fell off something and caused a short. But it still didn’t work afterwards.

Would a Lumintop Tool AAA driver work? Both are current controlled boost drivers, right? But would the output voltage of the Tool driver be too high for the red LED?

Or is there another existing driver that would work? I’m also going to ask Sofirn if they can help. But I’ve got several AAA Tool drivers on hand already.

Red led penlights on Amazon n break em down!!! Im able to use it with a 10440!!! Only has 2 resistors nothing els3!!!

If it’s current-controlled, it may be able to deliver that current to a lower-than expected voltage just fine, but that depends on the actual circuit design.

I was looking for MT-G2 drivers, and some that I saw for XHPs, etc., had only 1 specified output voltage, so didn’t want to chance that it’d have crappy output like flickering, etc.

I don’t think 2V vs 3V might be that big of a deal, but you never know how “close to the wire” the driver was designed.