ACEBEAM K40M Pictures Reviews Suggestions

It's made to look like their logo.

Wha, funny....

Not sure if that was a good move from them.. it doesn't look as nice with the print..but yes, you are right, it's the same as their logo...

I won't be the only person thinking the prints are bad...

‘an excellent manufacturer’

It doesnt matter if its true or not, Im not getting into that, but thats just awful.

Fortunately they did not try the “artistic effect” on the logo on my Supbeam X40. To me the AceBeam logo looks like silk screening done onto a dirty surface so that some of the paint flaked off due to poor adhering on the contaminated surface.

Supbeam to rumored MicroBlueBear to Acebeam, the name transition has not been smooth. Choosing Ace as part of a corporate or brand name also gives way too much opportunity for English speaking people to change the ce to ss if/when they are unhappy with the company for any reason. :open_mouth:

IMO Chinese companies need to hire more native English speakers for their technical writers and in their advertising and publicity departments. I am old enough to remember when many Japanese companies had similar problems though.

Got mine yesterday... unlike the typical delivery, didn't have to sign. Works just fine, and seems to be a perfect specimen in terms of finish.

The case is a bit banged up, but I don't really care about it anyway, so all in all, a good deal.

Ordered last Friday, came today, 8 days one of my fastest deliveries from banggood

Not looked at it yet as I’m not at home for few hours

There IS a standby position on the control ring!

I can see "translation mistakes" almost every day..

Recently I saw this at a train ticket machine: "Please insert insufficient money".

I make mistake too, so I don`t blame them ;)

I got it mid this week…

my first mt-g2 AND my first magnetic control Ring…

I love both!

no dings or scratches
very well manufactured
quality on a high standard….

I’ll be home in a hour or so, I’ll report on the condition as soon as I get back

Edit

First impressions, flimsy case not sturdy like tn35 case
Light perfect condition, all anodizing is same colour
Just waiting for my Samsung 30b to charge

Can anyone report back on whether the output steps down after a certain time, and if it does, is it possible to get back to Max output by turning the control ring slightly down, then back up to Max? Or turning the ring to standby and then back to Max? (the X60 drops from 5000 lm to 3500 lm after 2 minutes, but turning the ring down and back up to Max won’t get you higher than 3500 lm. You have to use the tailcap switch to turn off/on the light to get back to Max.).

Also, can you tell whether the output is flat for X minutes, or dims gradually?

I can answer some questions once my tests for my review are done..Not working on it right now.

Good questions though.

Not sure if this is the right place but can K40M be resistor modded like K40, or it uses a different driver?

I got my K40M today, and just thought I'd mention something about the battery carrier.

The first thing I noticed was both ends of the carrier are exactly the same, with no + or — markings. The standard placement for a three cell series carrier is the end with two springs is at the tail end. Which works.

I also noticed a trace leading to the center post from the pos. end of the second in series battery contact. I installed the carrier backwards, and it still works.

Reversible carrier...very smart design.

Yep, it seems to work either way for me too. Cool!

Standby is one word - not two. This should be fixed.

Sorry to quote myself, but mhanlen has a video review out now that answers my questions:

- The output on level 6 (Max) doesn’t step down after a certain time.

• The output on level 6 looks flat for 50 minutes. I watched mhanlen’s run-time test at level 6, and when it got close to 50 minutes, I clicked the video back to the start of the test, and I can’t see any difference in output.

This light’s UI seems perfect.

Edit: mhanlen reports that the output does fluctuate a little. In case anybody reading this thread hasn’t seen mhanlen’s review thread, go there for all the details.

It’s much easier to see if you can scroll back and forth in the video at will. Maybe I’ll upload the quicktime file to dropbox so people can download it and see.

Here you go folks.

Level 6, so you can download it and view it in a quicktime player.

so I voided the warranty and ripped it apart…

killed glued screws and sacrificed 2 modes at reassembly :Sp

pictures will follow.