Acebeam W40, W50

Looks like in Europe and U.K. you can only have 1 mw. Haha they have laws for everything over there

They’ll be banned here shortly. Idiots keep shining them in police’s eyes. They’ll ruin it for all of us.

Eh…… thats half truths and misinformation the FDA does regulate lasers and the import and sale of lasers of 5 milliwatt or higher is deemed illegal and if found items will be ceased and disposed of, just what I found after a quick search and asking around a few places.

But obviously there are exceptions for medial equipment or research labs etc.

Amen brutha! Instead of tossing the offender in jail for 30 years they take them away from people who follow laws and enjoy the hobby. Meanwhile anyone who wanted to do something bad with one could make their own I’m sure

As long as you’re responsible and ALWAYS wear safety glasses (even if you’re just putting batteries in) lasers are a great hobby. Just don’t point them where you shouldn’t and you’ll be all good. I have a buddy who works at a planetarium and they use green lasers to point to stars. The beam is so long that everyone around you sees what you’re pointing at. Impossible to “accidentally” shine it on a plane. Object moving at over 400 mph 30,000 feet up covered in blinking lights

Built it with scraps just sitting around! :laughing: OK Tony Stark. Very impressive and I love his enthusiasm throughout the video :+1:

Here is a 2020 video of the same guy building a hand held laser that looks like a death ray! I’d like to see what he could do with a flashlight :laughing:

looks like a little danger and exciting as well.

Haha yeah he’s crazy. His white laser was awesome. Not LEP but an actual laser with a white beam

Man when is Acebeam going to give us the W40 and W50!

bruh i was watching ur laser bazooka video, then i saw he had a new video, a hand held laser, only 100w, but seems even more powerful than the bazooka, esp after the lens to focus the beam to 1/5 the size, which made it 25x stronger…that is so fucking cool…if it wasnt so expensive and dangerous and complicated, i think i might be converted to a laseraholic

Haha wow do you have a link for that? I’d love to watch it

My first laser was a 1.4 watt blue from Wicked. Could burn little holes in a wooden fence. Fast forward a few years and I have a pocket 1 watt blue, a 200 milliwatt green, and a 1.2 watt green. And my 6 watt blue… man you would love it. Light stuff on fire, beam is hundreds of miles long

then 15:20 ish, he starts talking about focusing the beam, then it gets REAL fun.

6km throw!? What a nasty self defense tool.

The greens are visible much farther. Apparently the color appears 35x as bright to the human eye. I was up on a hill on a trip recently, shining it on some buildings that were several miles away and it hit it easily. I’ve heard “hundreds of miles” but I can’t really confirm that. Depends on the divergence and all that. My Sanwu green has a beam expander lens that (oddly enough) focuses it into a thin beam that hardly spreads at all. Not sure why that’s called an expander (:

Anyone hear anything on the W50? I read that the LEP lights only have like a 250 milliwatt blue diode. Given that it’s easy to get 6 watt ones… seems like they (or another manufacturer) could build something far more powerful. Who knows, maybe even multiple LEP emitters just like how LED flashlights have multiple diodes.

The acebeam W30 and similar is already using something similar to nubm08 with a ~5W optical output.
The current limitation is now on the side of the phosphor. If we for example, focused two 5W diodes on to the phosphor plate at the same area, it would thermally quench its light output due to heat at I believe 7W. Permanent burned at maybe 10W

The limit of low cost silicone phosphors has pretty much been reached at the W30 generation.
We can move to ceramic or spinning phosphor wheels to obtain 2x~20x the intensity performance, due to higher thermal capability.

If you do the math for W40 and W50, they are basically just using larger optics and maybe slight boost of laser output.

We need a ceramic phosphor on a silver substrate with a diamond lens over the top.

Awesome info thanks. Maybe we should just skip the phosphor and use white lasers. There are some videos on YouTube where they basically merge red, green and blue beams and it comes out white. Pretty crazy

I think I hear the cri police coming for you.