【 ACTIVE 】 FIREFLIES ROT66 Generation II SST20 / XPL HI / OSRAM ✺ BEST PRICE EVER FOR SILVER VERSION

MS12? Also spent 80 quid on an L16 some time back which I’m selling now… just isn’t worth it to me. Most of my lights are just for fun which is why i got this. Should throw as good as a GT mini with 15 times the lumens whilst not being much larger. I will get a lumen and throw monster some day. Just waiting for something even crazier than the K75/MS18…also for some money to fall from the sky…

Hi Fin,
just ordered ROT 66 Osram 15W W2 6P. :+1:

Thanks a lot!

P.S.
Any idea where can I find the >Optional Accessories: Stainless Steel tail cap ; Light diffuser for ROT66 ; Extra Coated Glass lens<

How long will the osram last on turbo. 20 seconds???

I have some questions:

- what LED is the Osram W2 6P (I’m not sure how to search for this LED type in Osram’s website, or maybe there are some invididual test about this LED type; is this the so called “Osram white flat or black flat” that’s usually mentioned?)

- will Nichia 219B SW45K R9080 be available for the ROT66 Gen2 in BG?

- I notice there appear to be 2 types of optic: 15 degree “throwy” optic and “45” degree floody/honeycomb optic: which optic is pre-installed for each LED type?

- I wonder if some parts (bezel, body tube, tailcap) of the ROT66 Gen 1 will “lego with” the ROT66 Gen 2?

It says W2 so I’m guessing that means white flat 2 cslpm1.tg

I think it will be closer to 1 min+ then thermal will kick in and adjust down according, you could run it at 50% and not step down and it will be as bright and have more throw than the other led’s (as long as you don’t mind cool white tint)

Already ordered it. I would prefer neutral LEDs but tbh I just bought it fun so I dont really mind. My MF01S can do over a minute but it has a lot more thermal mass (290g vs 498g) whilst pulling less power. To hit the rated 18000 lumens the ROT66 would have to pull 28 amps from each cell! That’s 270W of power. The MF01 pulls abit under 60% of that. My guess is that it probably won’t hit the 18k mark but I’d happy if it’s close. Intensity is more important to me.

Does anyone know which batteries are recommended for the OSRAM LEDs?
Diameter, length, type?
Thanks!

I got the email , reading it now!

I emailed back some questions, would appreciate the response.

thanks!

Fin, what’s the story with 219B???

Can someone explain if the OSRAM LEDS (18,000 lumens) are the 45% beam profile or the 15% beam profile? Are the optics somehow interchangeable, or would you have to buy 2 lights if you wanted both the floodier version and the throwier version?
thanks
P.S. also, how to order steel tail cap, light diffuser and Extra AR coated glass lens?

It comes with both flood and throw interchangeable optics. The optional accessories can be ordered with the light on their website but for some reason I only received a code for banggood.

great, thank you.
I got the code for banggood also. maybe the additional accessories will be sold on banggood also?
I was hoping they had a stock in the US, I didn’t have very good experience with banggood.

Have no idea if you’ll be able to get them on banggood. 4 out of 4 flahslights I bought from banggood had some kind of problem .They did end up resolving the problem though even if it took a while.

Ive bought several flashlights from banggood. A few had issues. they resolved about half of my problems. sometimes talking to them is like beating your head against the wall.

Just Ordered the Osram version. Thanks Fin17.

Orbtronics batteries seem to get good reviews, I would think that the 30A-40A 18650 3120mAh BUTTON Top Battery would work for the OSRAMs and other higher output LEDs.
Orbtronic 30-40A 18650
I just ordered some, they’ll probably get here before the flashlight.

David

VTC6 should work fine since that’s what they’re advertising with the light on their website. I think 30Qs should work fine aswell as they’ve been tested @ 40A. Not sure what kind of performance difference they will be in this light tho. Downside of the VTC6s is that they seem to degrade a lot faster at high currents compared to the 30Q. See the last post in this thread

Am i the only one waiting for Nichia?

WTF?!

I’ve bought Orbtronic’s 2665o size several time, high drain, and I am very happy with them. Where other batteries couldn’t provide the current/ sustain turbo, Orbtronic’s did very well. Capacitywise too. I haven’t bought the 18650 size though…