Given my recent frustrations with a project, I have decided to take my mind off it by doing something I know I can finish...
I have recently updated my P60 shell design. Initially I will have 50 units available and the specs are as follows:
• 20mm triple shell
• CNC machined - very high quality
• Solid copper
• Thick silver plating
• Accepts 20mm MCPCBs
• Suits carclo 20mm (10XXX series) optics or similar
• Accepts 17mm drivers with 10mm internal depth
• 3.8mm of space behind the driver when installed. This means that assuming a 1.6mm thick PCB, components 3.8mm or less in height will sit below the rim at the rear of the pill
• 4mm diameter central hole for LED+ and LED- wiring
• Threaded grounding hole with matching allen key bolt (which is supplied with the shell) for easy grounding of driver - simply solder a grounding wire to your driver, wrap the exposed wire around the bolt and screw in. No messy soldering to the pill, or relying on a press fit for good grounding.
• Flat spring shelf for increased compatibility with P60 hosts (OR TL tubes in particular). Springs will not be supplied.
• External dimensions on the shell remain the same as my previous versions, so fitment is pretty much guaranteed with all hosts albeit with foil required in some cases. Basically, you shouldn't ever have an issue with a shell not being able to be installed.
These shells are perfect for high power, direct drive triples.
These shells are in my opinion better machined than the first batch, and the new design is much heavier - more copper :D
The cost will $5040USD per shell, and $30USD per additional shell. This price includes standard world-wide airmail shipping. Additional shipping methods are available - please PM me for costs and PayPal details. From experience shipping times are typically 2 weeks to almost all international destinations.
Australian buyers can purchase the shells for $35AUD shipped via standard post. Again, alternate domestic shipping methods are available - please PM me for costs and PayPal details.
As always questions and comments are welcome. I realize prices may be a bit steep but this is the only cost I can realistically sell them at to make it worth the time I have to put into designing, packing, and shipping the shells. Given my location, the cost of shipping these shells is slightly more expensive than actually making them! Please keep any comments or concerns regarding pricing above board.
Paid and Packed List
Darwin Lopez (email) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
DuncanHynes (CPF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
LightJunk (CPF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
SOYCD (CPF) - 13 - Paid - Shipped
DrafterDan (CPF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
m4a1usr (CPF) - 3 - Paid - Shipped
xv-750 (BLF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
Grantman321 (BLF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
Texas Shooter (BLF) - 2 - Paid - Shipped
LSX (BLF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
MustSimon (BLF) - 1 - Paid - Shipped
Sparkey762 (BLF) - 2 - Paid - Shipped
DBCstm (CPF) - 2 - Paid - Shipped
Rufusbduck (BLF) - 2 - Paid - Shipped
Bushwhacked (BLF) - 5 - Paid - Shipped
MRsDNF (BLF) - 1- Paid - Shipped
AndyF (CPF) - 2 - Paid
DragonHead - (BLF) - 5 - Paid - Shipped