All Sold! Silver Plated, Copper Triple Emitter P60 Shells

Yes. I'll be putting a paid list up shortly to keep track of numbers.

All standard orders shipped :)

BTT :)

Matt, do you think one of these would work well for a UV emitter in mule configuration? Or possibly with an AHorton glass aspheric on the Solarforce L2m?

I was thinking about dismantling my existing L2m with your copper deep shell but man it’s working so beautimously I hate to do it! Gonna have to build a whole new light for my new (en-route) LED Engine LZ-1 UV emitter.

If you could get the focus right the Ahorton lens would work fine....if you want to throw UV light that way. A mule would also work fine though I'm not sure how the depth of the MCPCB shelf would imapct the beam. I imagine it'd have a shape circular edge rather than a smooth transition to no light. I do have one of the old single emitter drop-ins, but no reflector to go with it. It also has a MCPCB glued in that's slightly off center. I can't get it out though a bake in the oven might encourage the epoxy to loosen up.

- Matt

Well, in looking at the deep shell I have I somehow managed to mess up the driver. I had the shell in the L2P very tight, and I pushed it out through the battery tube, messing up the driver.

So, I went ahead and used this shell and fitted it with a copper spacer inside from Richard that he makes for using triples in an Convoy S2 or S6. Worked like a charm. The AHorton aspheric sits on top just right, not perfectly focused for the square die effect but just inside of a circle…you know, that point that a wide angle circle starts to converge into the square if you’re using a zoomie.

This bad boy is potent!

And very unique! With parts from all over the place, and from different times, all fitted together into a very unique and powerful 365nm UV light.

I got the XP-G2 out of the shell with it on the re-flow plate. Just before the emitter let loose, the glue let go. :slight_smile:

Ah well, you got it all working in the end. That's good :)

A very unique drop-in as well. I've wanted an LZ1 or LZ4 for quite a while...just trying not to spend money at the moment (going really well obviously lol).

The AHorton aspheric is mounted under the bezel, so the head can be unscrewed to focus the die like a zoomie. :slight_smile:

Very nice. Where did you get the LZ1 from if you don't mind me asking?

Got it today. :slight_smile:

Love that. Also, nice looking build!

I wanna tell you guys, these shells of Matt’s look pretty with the silver plating, but there’s a lot of copper in these and it’s difficult as he to solder on em at the driver. I had this deep shell on a re-flow plate way longer than expected just to get it hot enough to cut the glue loose, didn’t even melt the solder on the XP Noctigon. The shell just keeps sucking up heat like crazy!

I had to crank my Hakko 888 station to 900 to get a bead on the driver for ground. And then the entire f’n shell was too hot to handle, had to use pliers to move it to the 3x3x3 heat sink.

And this is the deep shell, less copper in it than the triple set-up.

I need to get me one of these new ones Matt, but was broke before I bought this UV emitter. :frowning:

New ones have even more copper in them (the pocket in the back is slightly shallower) and the soldering problem has been alleviated by adding the grounding screw. There is no need to solder to the shell at all now :)

[quote=DBCstm] I need to get me one of these new ones Matt, but was broke before I bought this UV emitter. :( [/quote]

lol, all good. Maybe I can trade you some shells for some completed drop-ins ;)

I’ve worked for beans (coffee) might as well work for shells too. :slight_smile:

PayPal send for 1 copper shell + registered post.

Thanks

BTT :D

BTT :D

I don’t know how much difference the copper shells make as far as extending the life of an emitter or prolonging run time, but the felt presence of that chunk of copper in a light when you pick it up is just impressive to me. I really like the heft of these, my little L2m with the copper shell and a copper spacer for the LZ1 UV is so impressive.

Thanks again Matt, I really do enjoy these and the way they fit together in a Solarforce light. :slight_smile:

No worries Dale. Yours shipped on Saturday by the way ;)

Also, I was up at 5am watching the F1 race being held in Texas. Great track - I need to get there one day to watch it in person! Good to see an Aussie on the podium as well. Not so sure about his beard though...

It’s only about an hour away from me, but their prices are unbelievable! Maybe someday…