ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

I hope they get it sorted out & back on track for both of us Lux-Perpetua. Fingers crossed… :wink:

I just talked...well...wrote to Gearbest's CS team. They tried to calm me down and said something like "everything's gonna be alright"...as usual. :-D

Their after sales team will get back to me. I will report here once I have any updates. In terms of my second order they seem to have shipped a second time but this time with Swiss e-Packet.

:+1: … I’m just gonna give it a day or two before I contact them, hoping they sort it out first so I don’t have to get into the back & forth email game with them. . :person_facepalming: . :smiley:

I also got in touch with Gearbest re 9103 Land - was told it is now discontinued. won’t come back :frowning:

need another source now.

I just checked 17Track about my Land 9103...and now this...

:FACEPALM:

Number: LL*********CN
Package status: Alert
Destination:

Origin:
2019-07-08 18:51, Return, put it.
2019-07-08 17:44, Guangdong Province Postal Express Logistics International Business Department of Tsuen Wan To-Wan Station to arrange delivery, is expected to be delivered before 21:00:00 (postman name: Luo Zheng; contact phone: 18929548751)
2019-07-03 00:09, Guangdong Province Postal Express Logistics International Business Department of Tsuen Wan To-Wan Station has received a copy (He Canji)

I guess someone at logistics really messed up with some of our orders.

I don't expect them to resend this very package to me once again. :-(

However, I wait for their response about my ticket I created via CS today.

Does anybody know anything about the knife brand "LAOTIE"?

https://www.banggood.com/LAOTIE-200mm-Stainless-Steel-Folding-Blade-Outdoor-Survival-Tools-Kit-Hiking-Climbing-Multifunctional-Cutter-Too-p-1528011.html

I just found these knives at Banggood for preorder and there are some nice discounts here:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/55846/27

Unfortunately, Banggood's not telling anything about the steel they're using for these knives, so I expect it to be 8Cr12MoV at best.

The first one is illegal in many areas of the world, the second one is looking cheaper than any $7 Sanrenmu.
I wouldn’t waste my money for such knives with 440A steel if you’re lucky, maybe jsut 420. Or 3Cr3MoV whatever.
Do yourself a favour and buy an SRM, Ganzo or even GoComma, these ones are onle for flee markets and gas stations.
My 2ct

2019-07-08 18:51…… Guangzhou, return to the investment
2019-07-08 17:44…… Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province Postal Express Logistics International Business Department of Tsuen Wan To-Wan Station to arrange delivery, is expected to be delivered by 21:00:00 (postman’s name: Luo Zheng; contact phone: 18929548751)
…………………

I find it interesting that a couple of the words are different, BUT besides those; everything reads the same on our 17 Track results…
In fact the day & times are exactly the same. :open_mouth: … :person_facepalming:

I got answer from Gearbest CS. In a nutshell:

• everything has been dispatched and is in transit to my address, goods receipt between July 21 and August 12.
  • they checked my tracking number once again and everything is fine
  • delivery time may vary due to bad weather etc.

So, I replied once again that they are wrong about the goods being in transit to my location. In fact, they have been returned before they even got actually shipped. I asked them to resend my order.

Now, it's a wait and see. I just hope I don't have say "I waited and then I saw" afterwards. :-D

Talkin' about interesting things...

It's sometimes funny what kind of translation I get for status messages.

I don't mean to be political here but obviously those guys at 17Track seem to be extremely smart...they even know that Germany has signed off...whatever that's supposed to mean.

After 76 days of waiting I now have to face the ultimate truth. Maybe I should be worried? ^:) :D

In any case, it's been a pleasure to get to know you guys. ;-)

Number: LF66*******CN
Package status: Delivered (76 Days)
Destination:

Origin:
2019-07-03 14:58, Germany has signed off
2019-07-02 09:56, The border clearance has been completed
2019-07-02 09:56, Germany arranges delivery
2019-07-02 09:56, Leave Germany
2019-06-26 18:11, Frankfurt: Overseas import customs remain for inspection
2019-06-26 18:11, Frankfurt sent to overseas customs authorities
2019-06-26 18:11, Reached the place of arrival
2019-04-21 17:17, Leave Guangzhou Swap Bureau, next stop WZDM (via transfer)
2019-04-19 10:33, Guangzhou International has been exported directly sealed
2019-04-18 23:35, Leave the Post Foshan Mail Stamp Collection Bureau, the next stop , Guangzhou International
2019-04-18 23:33, Leave the Post Foshan Mail Stamp Collection Bureau, the next stop , Guangzhou International
2019-04-18 13:28, Post Foshan City Letter Stamp Collection Bureau has received the receipt, the pitcher: Chen Wei-guang
======================================

G’bye Fritz :wink:

Hope it means it’s in country!

Yeah...I didn't expect it to show up anymore...after so many weeks of waiting.

@ Lux-Perpetua
The real mystery is… Where was your package for this long duration of time?? . :open_mouth:

2019- 06-26 18:11, Reached the place of arrival
2019- 04-21 17:17, Leave Guangzhou Swap Bureau, next stop WZDM (via transfer)

I can only guess but maybe some things went south on transit... :-D

...so they had to fish it out of the ocean again...

Ahhh...wait....it must have been buried way too deep in that big pile...see him there? He's just reaching out to grab my order. :-P

/\ … Yep, either one; or both of those scenarios… is a possibility. :wink: . :smiley:

17track is semi-fake tracking. Most of the in-between steps are generated automatically - they just take the initial time and add a series of fixed intervals.

May be, but they are the exact same dates & times on Package Radar & a couple of other Tracking Sites also.

Here's what I've received from Gearbest about my returned shipment...

Amazon currently has this CRKT 5311 knife for under $18. 8Cr13MoV blade. Not sure how good/bad it is. I don’t own one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3CG3KJ

Good news: Gearbest has shipped out my order (LAND 9103) once again. This time they used "Swiss e-packet". Unfortunately and unlike in the past, they only offer two shipping methods to send knives to Europe. Swiss e-packet is the more expensive of the expensive ones left. It's interesting, the more items you put in your shopping cart the lower the costs for shipping will be.