Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

is it a 18650 or 21700?

Dang, I missed that Nicron N7 deal, but it still looks like a decent deal so I grabbed one anyway…My wife’s going to laugh if she notices another flashlight delivery

Motion sensing cabinet lights 32 LED 2Pack $11.60 w code 60HBCIDI

2 Thanks

ThruNite T3 Rechargeable Flashlight, Long 301 Meters Throw, High 2250 Lumens USB-C Fast Charging, Bright Searchlight for Outdoor Camping, Hunting with Cool White LED SST40 - Black CW $29.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N64CVRJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2C6PNVCN407SP&th=1

2 Thanks

Just an FYI, I ordered one of these and found that it uses a button top protected 21700 cell, so it’s about 4-5mm longer than standard flat top 21700. I have several 21700 cells that I use as spares and none of them would work in the T3 so I returned it. It is a nice light (the beam has a nice combination of throw and flood) as long as this isn’t an issue for you.

1 Thank

That deal was a difficult one one to pass up! I just really don’t need another light in this category…

1 Thank

Pretty good deal on some 50E Repurposed cells

4 Thanks

Probably isn’t the same batteries… !?

What do you mean ? If they say Samsung 50E, they’re 50Es – very reputable recycler

1 Thank

Shipping runs it up to $20+ for me.

I usually buy 5 packs or more – Last time the 30Qs , I bought 35 packs of 6 cells. They ended up costing me $1.10 per cell — Good deal for NOS cells

1 Thank

Oh my bad, probably im wrong !?

I doubt many members saw the previous deal, and the price (at least if you’re buying enough to defray the shipping rates) seems too good to be true. But it sounds like several members confirmed they received cells that tested like new.

By the way, a batteryhookup.com deal isn’t really on topic in the Amazon deals thread. Honestly, I’m not really bothered by it because so much non-flashlight related stuff already gets posted in this thread, so in a way, it’s more relevant than other content.

However, would it help members more if there were a separate thread for deals from less well-known retailers who have proven reputable?

Aliexpress alone would probably be a popular thread.

3 Thanks

Firstly since I don’t count when I recommend a deal – make sure you get the approval of all the others who received good cells – I have dealt with BH at least 100 times – they make good on what they sell (when they are NOS they state it- If not they don’t)

Are far as the non Amazon deal BS – this site has been about deals of any kind as long as I remember – From Headphones. Backup batteries to you name it

5 Thanks

That is a Great deal on 50E’s!! Thanks for the heads up on those chops 728.

4 Thanks

It appears some people commenting have never bought anything from BHU (BatteryHookUp) or read chops 728 numerous post about the thousands of batteries he has purchased from them in the past.

BHU & their battery offerings are first class. They also stand behind anything they sell.

So in summary…

1. If BHU sells it you can trust it.
  2. If chops728 recommends it you can trust it. A “consensus” is not needed.
  3. As far as this “not being” an Amazon deal… who cares???
    This thread has had more so called “off topic” posts than Carter has Liver Pills.
    A deal is a deal whether it is on Amazon or not. And thankfully the deal will be seen on this thread.

Thanks again for the link & heads up on this 50E battery deal chops 728

3 Thanks

Yeah… i don’t know about this deal… !?

But it have a several types of batteries and brands and a few of original Samsung 21700 because im vaping and i never seen this marks on them… !? So yeah… it looks very weird… !?

Example :
Plus i fond a dead for 3-4-5$ for “good” 18650 batteries from a few “good brands”… but i never bought of them… because it looks very weird too… !

So yeah, i prefer to buy them with their original packege from good stores that i have bought many times and i had any issues… !

Another example :
In a thread, someone was asking about an 18650 / 21700 adapter… !? Yeah, isn’t amazing what you can read in that thread… !

You should stick to buying cells the way you’re comfortable with — Evidently you have never bought recycle packs before – BH might have 1000-2000 of these packs for sale — It looks like they’re modem backup batteries- From my experience bulk packs are the so called A grade cells compared to the B grade most of the small shops sell — Think about it ---- A company buying 100,000 cells for a project vs a smoke shop buying a 100

For most people needing a handful of cells-- Just buy from the usual Good Sellers we all know about here

It would make Perfect Sense, If you buy cells for vaping — They wouldn’t be labeled
Not For Vaping / Fire Hazard
I’m absolutely sure you wouldn’t buy them to Vape

1 Thank

Samsung has been printing that warning for a few years now. Direct result of mishaps with muggles (vaping, DIY packs for e-bikes and scooters and drones, and other hobby uses). It’s an attempt at CYA with inevitable lawsuits and accusations - also was intended to give third party sellers and distributors a reminder. They all try to control their distribution channels, but since they can’t, cells end up in the hands of people that maybe shouldn’t be working with them, and stuff happens. I haven’t bought an LG cell in years but I think they’ve added similar language to their wraps. If you’re getting Samsung cells that do not have this language then they are old cells (which is fine).

2 Thanks