Andúril 2 coming to Sofirn - The general Sofirn development thread

Anybody knows this sanyo battery?

Yay, Sofirn’s going to manufacture its own headlamp? Can’t wait!
Also looks like it has the button on the back of the head as opposed to the end, which I think works better for these sorts of lights.

To the best of my knowledge Sanyo does not make 26650 cells, especially ones that have fancy wiring tabs installed to maintain 3.7v. So the label is probably not correct, at least as far as the brand name. I would guess it’s made by a smaller Chinese battery company or maybe a third party company that just combined 2 x 26650 cells and made a new wrapper for it.

Wait, does that say 14,000mah? I thought it said 1,400. There’s no way it can be 14,000. The very best 26650 cells are about 5,750 and maybe labeled as 6,000 so that would be 12,000 at the most. That wrapper is claiming the cells are 7,000mah each. :confounded:

I was thinking that was a charging port cover on the back. It’s not a typical round shape. I was thinking the button might be on the end.

Sofirn:

The only way to see if it is fake or not is to test its capacity.

If it checks out as not having 14Ah, no crying.

It it checks out as having 14Ah, then we throwing a party here.

Yeah, it means that Sanyo has finally decided to put their secret recipe 18650 mix into a bigger 26650 container to give a real 7,000 mah capacity. (A 26650 container has roughly double the cubic area of an 18650 container and the top 18650 cells are about 3500mah)

That would be awesome, but I’m doubtful.

Ah, that would make sense too. Wouldn’t mind that either, since I haven’t got many USB-chargeable lights as of yet.

the picture was taken by a Chinese flasholic, I don’t know if the battery is sanyo or fake

I really hope it’s real but I doubt it.

Hello everyone,

I'm working on ideas to improve Sofirn's flashlight manuals, operating instructions and to reduce the return rate of perfectly fine and working flashlights due to misconceptions when in (first) use. First of all, I have developed some kind of a sticker that may be attached to the next batches of Sofirn lights or that may be integrated into the manual. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

I would also be grateful if some Russian native speakers were to have a look onto the expression showed on the sticker. Is this correctly translated or is there a better way to say it? Большое спасибо за помощь! :-) I already doublechecked the Chinese expression which seems to be appropriate.

I think I might also add some words of explanation (troubleshooting, first steps, ...) to the written manuals later on. As these supplemental phrases cannot be incorporated immediately, they still might be useful in the digitally available manuals on my sharepoint.

Cheers,

Thomas

Yes, it is clear and correct.
You can replace the word “бумагу” with the word “прокладку”. But the meaning is clear in both versions.

Thank you Di_Joker! :THUMBS-UP:

I have revised it as follows...

:+1:

What do you guys need in a survival gear kit?

like this

Nice to see Sofirn is making a headlamp/angle light. If its the same build quality and budget price of other sofirn lights then this could rival the h03 or wowtacs. I hope it has the same buck/boost driver and UI as the sp32A v2. Just add a sub-lumen moonlight mode with direct access from OFF and I would be very happy.

I think people here would need more than a sk68 zoomie for their survival kit. Or a single flashlight for that matter :D.

It is at least confusing that while it is clearly 2 batteries in series, it mentions 3.7V. A decent manufacturer/wrapper would not use labelling that is confusing/incorrect.

@djozz, the 26650s are probably spot welded in parallel.

I see, that is not exactly clear from that picture then, I see no strips going along the sides.

Is this related to Sofirn or an off topic question?

You should strongly consider making a version of one of these bigger lights with no tail switch. It’s bulky and makes the light much bigger than it needs to be. Not saying every model just make one or two without it and focus on slimming it down and see how it does.