Any beamshots comparing these, Lumintop ODL20C, Utorch UT02, Thrunite Catapult V6, Emisar D1S

Freedom of choice is great. as long as we are happy with whatever torch we use that is all that matters.

In regards to the heat of the V6. I have developed leather hands w/ all my modded lights.

The first time I ran the V6 I ran it for 35 minutes on turbo[continuously bumping back up every 60 to 90 seconds] in a Temp. of 78F/25.5C and ONLY turned the light off once for about 60 seconds to change the battery!To my surprise I noticed that it cools down very quickly in a short time that it was off[about 60 seconds]. Our hands are good heat sinks and can absorb a decent amount of heat.

I have a few lights where I must turn them down after 5 to 8 minutes. This is not one of them.In comparison, it does not get that hot for me especially when I can do this in the summer time!

Again, it is what we are comfortable with, use to and what we prefer.

I am sure it’s just a small spring under the brass… my odf30 brass connector broke after trying to fix it.

photo url

Ouch

Does it work without the broken tab?

Only works in low mode… the light will start blinking after med, high, and turbo…

I talked to JasonWW about getting a modded spring…

So, the main current passes by the tab… Seems like a stupid design :person_facepalming: Easily fixable, I guess, but stupid nevertheless

Your right, last weekend my buddy was using my Thorfire S70s, he said it was getting hot, i touched it, it was only slightly warm.

I just shot side by side Mini GT and Emisar D1S with NW and ODL20 - lumens are not that different to my eyes downrange, still waiting for the Cat V6 NW to arrive, but cannot decide which I like most of threse three. I still have to examine how they behave on longer run (efficiency, heat) in order to decide.

It looks like it passes through the tab. What’s stupid about that? Other than not working very well when someone manages to tear the tab off :slight_smile:

The turbo mode refuse to work even the tab was still attached… you will see my post about odf30 somewhere…

I wouldn’t trust a lamina to stay intact after the same presses that a spring can take. It has no advantages over double springs and, empirically speaking, it’s much more prone to destruction. So, why use that?

I could be wrong, of course, since my opinion is based on everyday experience and my basic understanding on how metals work but I, unwillingly, break tabs like this - and replace them with aluminum foil - since I was a kid. Never managed to break a spring, ever.

It could NOT possibly work better and be more durable than a raised piece of brass! :wink:

That too :smiley:

Hey guys I am torn between the V6 , OD but with rechargeable version coming? What do I do?

BTW, Do any of you guys own both NW and CW V6’s? What are the primary differences? Thanks.

I had both cw and nw v6 at one point. I still have the nw. The only difference is CCT. Brightness differences were impossible to see by eye.

I have the Lumintop ODL20C, Emissar D1S as well as the Utorch UT02. The Emissar is very much better and brighter than the Utorch and a great light all around. very tight hotspot, great throw and stays cool! I love mine and the ramping UI is really nice.
The latest Utorch has been de-tuned for lack of a better word and the switch is now spongy (not as positive clicking). The old models were great and an awesome value but now they under-perform so I recommend you stay away from it. And before anyone goes in an uproar, I have many Utorch lights that I like a lot but the new UT02 is lackluster now.
The Lumintop beats all you listed by a noticeable margin for brightness & throw EXCEPT the Thrunite. The Thrunite edges out the Lumintop.
I have two Lumintop ODL20Cs and I absolutely love them. With a discount code they can be had for under $60. In my mind that’s a deal for a very well built and designed light that outperforms all it’s predecessors and has built in charging.
I also bought an Emissar D1S before the Lumintop and it’s also a great light and high performer. In fact, I own every light in the Emissar line and really like them. For a $40 light with a really nice interface, the Emissar is hard to beat:
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=891

It really comes down to budget and purpose. All the lights you listed are good throwers, just some are better. The beam shot comparisons others have posted show tighter brighter hot-spots for a couple of high performers in your list. Distance shots really tell the tale however and I’m sorry, I don’t have any for you. Just a $0.02 ramble from someone who owns almost everything on your list is all.

There is new rechargeable USB version of OD coming out. Trying to decide weather to wait or just grab the OD? any deals for the OD ?

BTW, I own the Utorch 2. Compared to todays power it pales. I am keeping it because my first trure 26650 light.

M4D M4X has a discount code.

Hey southland ,
I have the Catapult V6 , The Emisar D1S and the New Wowtac A4 thrower , which is very comparable to the V6 in output and throw.

I posted my review and video and in the live outdoor footage used these 3 lights for the comparisons.
If you would like to see those 3 lights at 75 yards compared (live).
My review and video of the A4 are HERE

The footage of the V6 , D1S and A4 starts at 12:58 of the video timeline so you don’t have to search to find that part.

There are a lot of still beamshots of the A4 in the review also , from 22 feet away , out to 155 yards.
If you still want the comparisons though I could go out and get a few longer shots with those 3 lights in the next night or 2 for you.

Thanks robo819,watched the A4 review, also a very nice thrower just not as compact as the others. No need for more beam shots. I now have all the lights in the OP except the Lumintop which is on the slow boat from China. Thanks again.

No problems.

Any time I might be able to help though just shoot me a PM. Out of the 130 /140 lights I have , haven’t counted in awhile….lol Always getting more for review though , so it is possible I just might have the one you want to see , or something very close to it to show the beamshots from.