Any homemade knives here?

Just wondering if anyone here has made a fixed blade knife?

I’ve seen some of the YouTube videos and some are quite impressive. A lot of the appeal (visually) to me at least is in the handle. Some people have done a really good job.

Anyone here made or modified a knife?

Quite a few years ago from an old broken kitchen knife. The guard is an old nickel silver teaspoon handle. It gets used daily as a letter opener. It took a lot of grinding, filing, sanding and polishing. The hardest part was drilling the tang for the rivets.

The sheath from some saddle leather offcuts I found and dressed up with some basket weave tooling.

The filework on the spine was fun, and not too hard to do. My own design.

Nice!

This was my first one - spring steel - zebrano handle - filework on the back of the handle

than this one - circular saw blade stell - ebony handle - my wife’s name ‘Fraga’ engraved on the blade

and then i got to the pro’s :slight_smile: (and i went to a professional photographer too)
with this one

and this one

I have more but that’s enough for now.

@ anukis Excellent!!!

I would never make a blade, too much work, but I do buy blanks now and then and put scales/handles on them. That's about it. No photos of them, not that good at it really.

I hope you don't mind, but these beauties deserve a better visibility ;-)

Quote anukis:

This was my first one – spring steel – zebrano handle – filework on the back of the handle

than this one – circular saw blade stell – ebony handle – my wife’s name ‘Fraga’ engraved on the blade

and then i got to the pro’s (and i went to a professional photographer too)
with this one

and this one

I have more but that’s enough for now.

thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I’m not into knives, but those knives are incredible, a magnificent job!

Just had some 1084fg arrive yesterday.

I have bought some blanks and have been working on the handles nothing special but this is the first time I have even done any kind of working with wood. Still practicing on the rounding and shaping for the handles with some scrap wood so I wont mess up the scales. Work in progress,

pics from Iphone

Zebrawood

Black walnut

anukis Most excellent.

Thanks guys

Anukis, that’s an impressive job indeed, congratulations :face_with_monocle:

Hmmm, tha Zebrano reminds ofsomething else I did with wood + lathe.

@anukis, really like the third one. Lots of hours in that knife. I have bought the blade blanks and fitted handles and made sheaths but never a blade. Lots of skill needed to grind out a blade.

It is indeed taking many hours to make a blade but it’s not that complicated. All you need is an angle grinder and a belt grinder. And of course a lot of patience :bigsmile: