AWEI earbuds earphones in-ear headphones ES900i

Thanks K.
I’ve been looking for a new pair.
I don’t like the ones that came with my mobile phone. (samsung)

Considering:
Etymotic MC5
JVC HA-FXD80
Yamaha EPH-100

Have Sandisk Sansa e140 originals from 2005 that have a nice sound.

I don’t do “running” so weight should be ok for me.

great track for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

:wink:

Its always interesting.

I can never ever hear the difference between good cables and great cables, or tube amp and IC amps, etc. I sure can tell the difference between crappy ear/headphones and good ones. Not sure about great one’s. Maybe one day, I will finally buy?

My best balanced in-ear are Klipsch, though they have a mic option for phones, great balanced sound, decent quality. The Sony that came w my original MP3 player I would have to say are easily the best value, so clear, so crisp. I have a pair of $100 in-ear phones, been so long since i wore them, never impressed me, great quality, but think that they were the company’s entry level units, and the guy who recomended them to me most likely had the uber models at $350… though my ears had issues… flat, dull sounding.

Always need a new pair, so will check these out.

Focalprice have these in black, slightly cheaper than FT at 6.99 USD:
http://www.focalprice.com/EP0091B/AWEI_ES900i_Inear_Style_Flat_Cable_Earphone_for_MP3MP4_Players_Blacke.html

I heard meelectronics has some decent IEMs, sometimes on sale for about 50%off and around $25, although shipping may soften the deal if outside the states.

Just passing on the word, haven’t bought a pair myself as I prefer my full Audio Technica M50 cans. Not a fan of earbuds in general, but I did buy up 3 Sony MDR-E828 earbuds for $2 each. 4 years later and pair 1 hasn’t fallen apart yet :slight_smile:

I tried the AWEI’s I like them they are decent for the money. However I prefere these : http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082303&p_id=9927&seq=1&format=2 huge thread on them at Head-fi. The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Aww so cute!! But a bit gross thinking about it. :Sp

can you describe the sound character on what music genre that you are listening?
I just want to know how this compare to character of etymotic research that i have been using for quite some years…

I bought sennheisser MX400 for casual usage, and it sounds like crap…might consider if the AWEI sound suits me…

it’s called microphonic effect.almost all in-ear have that effect that’s why they are supplied with shirt clip to reduce the cable slapping when moving around :slight_smile:
gonna try find some review on the head-fi forum… thanks kreisler…

If you enjoy ety's there's no way you'll find anything worth a listen in the sub 150$ price range unless you're willing to sacrifice the details.

+1

Forget using a throw-away pair after you've heard what your music CAN sound like.

That's like using an incan flashlight after an SRK, you just can't do it.

I have had good results withe the Awei and Kanen (wooden pair-can’t remember m/n) brands…all sub $10. I will not even put on a pair that is $150 or above cuz I now I will like them too much. :stuck_out_tongue: I just can’t justify the cost with two about to head off to college. :money_mouth_face:

Very good advice! I just spent HOURS researching these . . . then I bought them based on the research. Seems like it will be hard lose with them.

I have the Monoprice 8323 over-the-ear headphones and they truly are awesome for the price.

+1. IMO back then $500 Aiwa system had better sound and features than $1k Sony. And don’t even talk about walkman.

Enjoy the nostalgia…

LOL, yes it’s very true, I feel none like the ety and it is also true when the ear has been upgraded due to ever heard higher end audio reproduction, it tends to stay there and not willing to downgrade :smiley:

AWEI ES900i black is $6.09 at FP for the next 17 h. or so.Lowest price I’ve seen in a while.

Don’t you value what you put in your ears? Get some nice Senheisers and never look back.