Batch run: copper s2+ triple heatsinks, retaining ring style. [COMPLETED]

Got mine yesterday. looks fantastic, thanks

Just checking in now that I got a couple more hosts — the heatsink fits perfectly in both new hosts. Must have been some variance in the original host I had, I also notice in the ‘working’ hosts that there is a good deal of slop between the stock pill and head, unlike the rather nice fit of the pill in the host that didn’t work. Time to start building!

Is there a difference between an old s2+ and a new one, the heat sink won’t thread far enough up to trap the optics?

Any left?

None left at the moment; not sure if I’ll make more. As of recent there may be two types of S2+’s floating around but I have no idea. Could be counterfeits rather. Two claims of fitment issues so far out of several batches sold.

If you do I’m in for two

I’d be in for 3 if you do another batch.

If there’s more, I would like to order 2 please :smiley:

I would buy 3 if you did another batch. And BTW your work is exquisite

If like 2-3

Same here………. :+1:

Hey Hoop, I had fit issues with one of my real S2+’s. I think it is the hex heads dragging on the threads. I filed them flat on the exposed side and they went in fine. One host was tight, but I put a little grease on it and worked it for about 20 minutes and it went in fine. It did thin the ano down on the threads, maybe ano thickness is part of the problem.

Matt

PS, please do not quit making them. They are the best out there.

Hey, are there any of these left?

An update on my issue, turns out the very early s2+ didn’t have threads far enough up the head and the threads were slightly different. Just now got a new blue s2+ from banggood and everything fitted perfect. Thankfully you can’t see the once beautiful heatsink cuz it got buggered trying to get it out of the old light, oh well :person_facepalming:

I would buy 2

Interested in 3 if you’re doing another batch.

I know that this is an older thread but I wanted to comment anyway.

I bought two of Hoops custom heat sinks for the Convoy S2+ triple builds. They are indeed true works of art and perfectly made. It is a shame that they are hidden in the flashlight builds.

I built an XPL-HI triple for my brother for his birthday and, as expected, it went together beautifully. Truely an awesome heatsink. The second one I am saving for me. :smiley:

Bob

If anymore heatsinks are made I would like one also, I will not complain if it does not fit, no refund needed, please take my money!

I still have one that I bought for a special purpose. One of these days I am going to make a clear polycarbonate host body for this, always wanted to be able to see the driver and emitter and battery and such inside the light, this pill is so well made I want to see it! One day… maybe not soon, but one day…

When that day comes, you will be using a different size pill, in a different size host, with whatever new LEDs the future holds for us. So just sell that heatsink to me and save the cash for the glorious bright future of tomorrow! :smiley: