Best 18650 Light with USB charging ~$20-$30?

Don’t waste your $$ on NE01 it is junk… Get the real deal MH20GT it functions perfectly every night for a year now… There is a reason cheap knockoffs are cheap……

Believe me i would get the real deal if money allowed. I LOVE my MH20. Only reason i asked about clone is the person who’ll receive it wants one like mine, and the person (his wife) that is buying has set a limit. I’ll heed your advice on the NE01 though, thanks!!

Thanks for this. F1 officially out of the running.

No problems on my end, lets me see good detail lol!! Might have to pick one of these up for myself! Still on the fence about batts. with built in charging though.

This is one thing that surprised me on the MH20, i bought mine pretty much knowing i would tear the cover off. Two years later and it’s still just fine. But I still worry i will one day.

Very good suggestion. One concern though. Can anybody with experience with them tell me if those threads will last the 500 charge cycles that the battery is rated for? What about the o ring?

A bit over your set budget but a nice light. I too wonder about that battery…

Yea, a little different than the gift i’m lookin for but still nice to know about this one!!

Here’s what my F1 looks like out doors. Here’s a picture album too.

Mine doesn’t have the o-ring problem, and if it did, I would just go get another 10 cent o-ring at the hardware store. A little silicone grease, and mine is very smooth.

I’m surprised nobody mentioned the Eagle Eye X2R.
https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_411562.html

Essentially a S2 with USB charging.
Not a top performer, but solid and easy to use.
Nothing to unscrew to charge up.
It can often be found on sale or with coupons for less then $15.
A good candidate for a gift IMO.

Good suggestion. I have a EE X2R, and it is a nice light for the money. A bit under driven, but that would be good for flashlight newbs (gifts). None on Amazon, so it might take a month to get them from China.

I bought 2 Zanflare F1 lights for gifts. $11.99 each. They are decent lights, maybe not nitecore level but I feel they are the “worth it winner” of a lot of crap out there. Overly big is my main gripe. But the recipients will be thrilled at Xmas.

I just bought 3 of the Convoy S9 as gifts for my kids. Cheap enough that I won’t have an issue when they lose them, but gets them into a light where they’re not bugging me for batteries. Kind of an odd light (threaded base). Will see how they do.

Thank you for the beamshot, it does look alot better than i imagined but the size is what really put it off the list. I agree with you on the o-ring, easy fix.

I saw the Jet Beam SF-R26 for $34.46 at Battery Junction .

Another one to consider for me. Better than BD03 too since no adapter to lose. I’ll have to look into the charging of it. You guys are Awesome with the suggestions. I think i’ve got enough to make a sound decision.

Even though i’ve found what i’m looking for, it may be a good idea to keep’em coming for others who are looking in the future. I know i’ve even got some great options from here to consider for future gifts.

Anybody wanna suggest a new thread title?

I think a usb light is perfect for flashlight newbs that want “super bright” since it lessens the handling of a potentially dangerous fuel source. I highly recommend teaching them the dangers of high powered batteries and high operating temperatures. If you don’t want to do that i suggest a different gift or AA light. My wife cringes everytime someone asks me about my light and where to get one because she knows a two hour safety lecture will ensue lol!

Never saw this one before either. I like that one alot (for me lol). Super deal too! Great suggestion, I dont think i’ll suggest it though, might be a little too much for a newb (i was worried about the MH20 and this ones a even more “boosty”).

Jetbeam BC20-GT is $39 on battery junction too for those interested. Its a tube light with the usb port under the threads if thats what you like. 1080 lumen advertised turbo mode.

https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Pocket-Sized-Resistant-Indoors-Outdoors/dp/B071NSF6QZ

Another one to make it more confusing :+1:

I ordered this couple days ago https://us.gearbest.com/headlights/pp_428912.html
$26 shipped, with coupon, head lamp that easily doubles as a flash light.

Both have on-board USB charging.

Seconded. Wasn’t happy with the color, but none of mine were ringy. Last ones (plural) I got, yeah, the ring was really snug, but once it seated after unscrewing/rescrewing, it was fine.

I still think it’s quite a solid light, very well thought-out.

I got the Atactical A1S neutral white and am very pleased . The forward clicky tail switch in combo with the side switch works well . It is a budget Thrunite .