Best 1xAA under 30$

The Tool AA 2.0 is pretty nice, looks like there might still be a couple spots out there to grab one with Nichia. Glad I was able to grab one of the “diy kit” version in Panda White with both emitters a while back. The mode memory is a bit of a drag.

If you’re in the US, Thrunite T10T V2 is on sale on Amazon with 30% off code 30T10TV2:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XNMQ6TS

A 1xAA titanium flashlight under $30 with a decent UI.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm content with using NiMH in the A1, which I prefer to the Tool AA 2.0 since I think the Tool's 4 brightness modes are unnecessary, and its low mode of ~3 lumens is too bright, especially compared to the A1's 1-lumen low.

I swapped the A1's inferior clip with a spare clip-on clip from a ThruNite T10. I used epoxy to secure the clip, which is what I've also done with other lights, so it's an effective way for me to install a clip on just about any light it fits.

L10C has clicky, 219B (some other models may have 219B or 219A). From what I can tell, they don’t have the best reputation for durability - many have died from short (<1 meter) drops

i still edc my orange L10 twisty. love it. the low is really low (0.09 lm), high is high enough (120lm). and i love the tint from the 219A. my other edc is olight i2, really old light, discontinued already. dont like the cold white tint but the construction is better than L10.

My orange 4-mode Nichia L10 (with Streamlight Stylus Pro clip) has been my pajamas light the majority of the time I’ve had it since getting it in December 2012.

I’m still hoping the L10s get clearanced, as mentioned at SBFlashlights Holiday Sales/Liquidation/ ALL LIGHTS MUST GO! Spark 60% OFF + More .

I have a bunch of flashlights but my EDC almost always defaults to the L10 or L11C. The size is just right for my hands. Both run well on an Eneloop Pro. For EDC purposes, I’ve been much happier with the ratio of light output to battery life on AA than with AAA. Of course, modes matter and these are about perfect. The mode spacing is good. I like the no-memory LMH of the 3-mode versions. I’ve found low to be fine for most things. Medium is enough more and still gets decent battery life. I rarely use the high mode but it’s nice to have it.

Of course, I have the Nichia versions. I think my L10 has a Nichia 219A. I don’t know if my L11C uses a 219B or C. Both are somewhere in the neighborhood of 4500K. That’s good for an “all purpose” light. For night use, I find myself wanting something warmer. I’m no tech wizard but the guy over at Sky Lumens can mod these for about the cost of a new one. Now that the Nichia versions are drying up, I’ve been seriously considering a regular model to send over for modification.

BTW, both of these lights have held up wonderfully. Both have been dropped multiple times, including on hardwood floors. Both are fine.

I have one in neutral white and like it so much I wanted a backup when they went on sale again. Another is on the way now. Bright ,nice beam color, and great looking to boot. Has a premium look to it imo.

I’ve made a list on the OP of the “best” options i’ve found, considering my preferences, the difficulty to find the flashlight to buy, the specification it’s not consider is the tint, i like something between 5k and 6.5k, but not all flashlights said that where i found it.

Which one would you discard or highly recommend? (Should i create a poll?)

I just returned a thrunite t10t. Very nice light, large for a single AA but good machine work and smooth threads. Not terribly bright on nimh. Good UI as noted before. Deal breaker was the switch. It’s smooth and rounded making it very difficult to find by feel- even using the nice pocket clip as an index point. Too bad, I really wanted to like it!

Do you know where to buy it? I’m living in Spain. I searched on Amazon, Banggood, Aliexpress, Gearbest, Fasttech, HKEquipment and Nkon… and is not there…

Also seems to exist, Original version, T10 V2 and T10 II

If you can’t find it elsewhere:

T10T V2

Two thoughts:
The Sofirn BLF C01S is a very nice AAA light. Original version was High then Low, no memory. Current version is Low then High, still no memory.

The Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 is now also available with a Nichia high CRI emitter as well. They even sell a kit with all the parts and both emitters for a LEGO style light.

I really like my Klarus Mi7s. Limited UI. Single click HIGH, then LOW. Long press from off gets you MOON. From any level, double click gets you strobe. Best part is no PWM on any level. Works well with 14500 and AA

Sofirn BLF C01S seems good, but i would like a mid level around 30lm. BTW i have another post about keychain, if you could go there and recommend me another keychain light

After a long time i have the Lumintop as the first option, and the Sofirn SP10S as the second one. Over 30€ i have the Mi7, EDC05 and the Skilhunt M150. Are they good options or is there any best option?

I have both the Lumintop and the Mi7. The magnet on the Lumintop is really nice. You can attach it anywhere. Plus I got the one with the twisty cap which made it even shorter! The glow in the dark diffuser with the Lumintop is useful. The Mi7 requires two presses from high to turn it off. If you do not lockout, the Mi7 turns on in the pocket. The Mi7 has a battery indicator which is nice.

With small form factor lights like AA and AAA, I find twisty works best. You never need to worry about orientation. Plus, when it’s off, it’s OFF. Completely locked out. No accidental activations.

I like ramping interface, but there isn’t much out there that takes 1 AA and ramps. Blitzwolf BW-ET1 would be my suggestion, but they are getting hard to find (Newegg still has a listing). If you don’t mind a headlamp format with wide beam, the Thrunite TH-20 might be good.

Lumintop GT Micro will take either one AA or one 14500. Nice little light. Default mode is ramping, but if you can struggle through it, it can be converted to multimode. Due to the larger head size for a single AA light, it doesn’t work well in a pants pocket. A cargo pants pocket or a coat/jacket pocket works fine though. It is available in Cool White or Neutral White (my choice).

Are you sure that the GT micro takes AA batteries?
I thought it only took 14500 Li-Ion :zipper_mouth_face: