Best 26650 (or even 18650) For High Current & Maintaining Voltage

Efest 18650 IMR's or 26650 IMR's? I assume you mean 18650 IMR's.

-Garry

Yes. 18650. Sorry.

I actually used my $5 coupon from DX.com and ordered a Marsfire 26650....;)
I dont have a light for it yet, and no charger either.. but maybe somehow I can try to squeeze it in my star wp2!?

Hopefully its better than Uranusfire

I have just posted a review of Soshine 4200mAh LiIon battery.

Thanks HKJ. I saw it. I'm awaiting it to show up in your comparator to compare to other 26650's. I also saw they aren't so good at 7A (and therefore higher). Good to see rated capacity is true!

-Garry

I know you have ruled out the Moli’s, but for the recorded they are supposed to be rated for 40amps max discharge and 7 amps max charge.

Edit: I’ve read several places that they can deliver 100A though. They are not much longer than my protected ncr18650a’s. They fit in all my lights length-wise. They have a thick cardboard protective sleeve. Slide them out of that, shrink wrap and they fit all my 26650 lights width-wise.

It was in the comparator about 5 minutes after I posted the review, I hope you have found it.

I see it now, thanks! I see my King Kong INR still outperforms and the TF Flame is neck & neck with the SoShine.

-Garry

Moli makes (made? are they still in business?) some really good cells, just like MNKE.

The only real IMR 26650 cells I know of were made by MNKE, but they disappeared. Might have changed though, I'm not in the market for that size.

According this website (ecig shop across the state), they have "genuine" MNKE's for $14.99 + $2.24 shipping.

-Garry

My understanding is that they are still in business and leading the pack in IMR’s. They, however, adamantly refuse to sell these cells to end users or anyone that tries to sell to end users. They only sell to OEM and authorized battery makers. That’s why you have to get them from battery packs. I don’t believe they are the same as MNKE’s.

I don’t work in construction, but I have quite a bit of V28 equiptment and have had similar experience with their packs. With fairly light use both of the packs I had would go from a full charge to nothing left after almost no use. I took them to the Milwaukee factory service center and with the extended warranty they were providing on those packs (prorated according to their first charge date according to packs internal circuit date). They charged me a little over 30.00 to replace each one with the M28 packs, which are compatable. I don’t know what cells are in them but I am suspecting they could be samsung or sony and possibly 18650s. But they have be flawless to this point.
I too am very interested in this thread because my big hotwire needs 7 IMRs. No question MNKE was the way to go, but they been difficult to find new ones and the ones that are available are more than likely either old stock or worse, fake cells. Using TF cells or even IRC King Kongs is not even a consideration when using a 250W bulb in this light. I hope there is a legitimate source for some high quality IMRs.

Did anyone test Soshine 26650 LiFePO4s? (capacity, max. current, protection etc.)

Moli is still in business - one of their facilities is not very far from me. This offer on eBay appears to have 3300 IMR cells for sale. I've not tried them yet.

I saw those Ebay listings, but don't think I'd trust any of the ones I saw.

-Garry

Got any datasheets, because what I found about the IMR-26650C is not exactly impressive versus a KK.

http://www.power-guide.com/pdf/IMR-26650.C.pdf

I don’t. All the cells I have pulled say “Moli FSPE70045.xxxx xx”, then on the next row “IMR-26700A Made in Canada”. Totally different cell then your link.

The EBay ones are IMR-26650C and so is that datasheet.

This is the datasheet for the IMR26700A, totally different from IMR-26650C

http://www.premierbatteries.com.au/sm/lithium/Rechargeable/26700/IMR26700A.pdf

Capacity around 2850mAh

Best 26650 battery out there - my choice/my opinion is the KK ICR 4200 sold by Ric at FFL - slightly better than the classic KK ICR 4000. Isn't the KK ICR 4000 the lowest resistance 26650 battery ever tested by HKJ? My definition of the best battery is the lowest resistance, so the KK ICR 4200 has that (untested by HKJ though), and has the highest capacity as well. This cell blows away the MNKE IMR 3700 (I got a few of these), not by much, but clearly better. For my HD2010 builds of 4.2-4.5A, XM-L2 U2 on copper, the KK ICR 4200 does the best.

Only wish HKJ could test this: http://www.fancyflashlights.com/goods.php?id=613

I read somewhere, I think on this forum, that someone contacted a higher-up at Moli about the cells on eBay. He tracked down the serial numbers, and replied, that those cells were old, and were originally shipped as, or for battery packs.