Best Charge Rate For NiMH

It does show the voltage but I honestly don’t really look at that much for the NiMH cells. IIRC, it seems to terminate right around 1.5. Cells fairly quickly drop down into the 1.4 something range. That will happen before I even get around to taking them off the charger. Haven’t really noticed a variation in charged voltage — 1.43 - 1.47 IIRC? The big thing is the IR. The higher the IR the slower the charger will charge. Cells with low IR will get a much higher charge rate. High IR cells will get a much lower charge rate. As I said, the cells don’t get hot in either case. The high IR cells just take a lot longer to charge and of course will not preform as well in a light.

I don´t take a big look to IR, simply because it´s not so important for me and the devices I use.

I have some chargers which show the IR, but the values are so different, especially if I see that the Nitecores show many cells with 500Ω (max. value Nitecore can measure) while other chargers like the ISDT C4 EVO and Skyrc NC1500 show <50Ω. with same cells.

Even if the digital voltmeter is a bit different from charger to charger, a difference of 0,1V is big, mostly the difference would be smaller. So it can be better compared as the IR.

Most of my chargers terminate in 1,52-1,55V, but if the cell stays for 1 hour or more at 1,45V the most chargers will not terminate and charge and charge and charge.

With a 0dV-termination the charger would stop if the voltage don´t increase for time X . Also a charger with Temperature-termination would be work better with this cells.

And I don´t mean cells with <50% of it´s rated capacity, I have cells with rated capacity of 2000mAh and still deliver more than 1800mAh.