Best flashlight choice

france :smiley:

thank you very much for this precision

I consulted your link thank you
3500 mah very well :slight_smile:
but many things intrigue me :
The samsung 30q is 10 amps. While the LG MJ1 of your link is 15 amps. What is the difference ? If more amps are better, does exist battery 3500mAh but with 20 amps or + ? even if they are more expensive it does not bother me to pay more

also, does the sofirn Q8 accept battery protected? because this article shows unprotected ones are more dangerous and it scares me a bit :

Oh ça va être assez facile alors.

Oh this is going to be easy then.

Order the light, and leave with a message with your username and small discount down to 40$US.

Select Other Payment options to do it, and then you are good:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Sofirn-Q8-4-XPL-HI-5000LM-Powerful-LED-Flashlight-18650-Multiple-Operation-Procedure-Super-Bright/32920587281.html

Also, ask them to put 18650s in the Sofirn Q8 directly inside of the light, just in case:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Sofirn-3000MAh-18650-Rechargeable-Battery-Pre-charged-3-7V-Li-ion-Protection-18650-Batteries-for-LED/2933049_32926129538.html

Finally, you should not be scared of using unprotected 18650s.

Most of the flashlights we buy(not Nitecore/Fenix), include battery protections, so no problem.

The LG MJ1 is 10 A

The 30Q is 15 A (even tests well at 20 A)

Different battery chemistry, more Amps is better but reduces max capacity.

No 3500mAh with 20 amps out yet.

I just learned that the more a battery increases in capacity MAH, the more the amps decrease …

and i read that too :
“Ampere (A) characterizes the intensity, the power to simplify, maximum at which the battery can be used. The larger the number, the more power the battery can provide.”

so maybe if there are more amps the flashlight will give more lumens?
I found this table also the best battery but the ranking is from May 2018 :

great thank you for your help! :slight_smile:
thank you for having reassured me for the unprotected battery
on the other hand for your link of the battery sofirn, they are good, but the problem is that they do not indicate the amps …

and in my table that i posted link, it looks like the LG HG2 is better because 3000 mah has 20A ,what do you think?
and always in my table the LG MJ1 is only 10 amperes and written in red there is written: “best used at under 7A / 21W”
that would mean that the LG HG2 is better but we do not know anything about the degrees not to be exceeded neither for Watts as they write in the table…

oh no i can not use the LG HG2 because they are flat top

EDIT ha if i found it in button top it exists, i read reviews of this battery and apparently it would be the best … but i will see other review of battery that i have not seen yet, the ones you quoted me and those of my screenshot…

hello i would like to have your opinion?
for samsung 30q i read this review ,those are the samsung 30q but rebadged Liitokala but it’s the same?

and although what is written is too complicated for me,but it seems that these battery are not the top…

In this review, the first 2 battery do not have enough MAH, so i think the Sony VTC6 would be the best? because they put the LG HG2 in last place, but did not score i do not know why?

it is possible to use flat top, either by adding solder blob or button, or something.

You may not want to do it, but you have been getting so much information, I thought you should know this too

see this (make sure to scroll past the ads to the real forum information)

http://budgetlightforum.com/search?q_as=flat%20top%20solder%20blob

hello to all
I contacted the seller aliexpress for sofirn q8 giving my pseudo budgetlightforum
he responded to me:
” OK, please order it not to pay, we will adjust the price for you, thanks ”

but i do not understand his message :frowning:
do i have to pay the posted price of 46 dollars?
and it’s after paying $ 46 that he will readjust me the price in your opinion ?

No, you just have to wait a bit. Sofirn will adjust the price at 40$US.

Did you put it in your cart, and selected other payment options, then go back to “My Orders” menu?

Voici comment je l’ai fait.

Here’s how to do it:

Do you understand how to do it?

Hello BlueSwordM
thanks a lot for your answer :slight_smile:

yes, the flashlight was since yesterday stayed in my basket.
yesterday i had sent this message to the seller, after putting the flashlight in the basket:

“Hello
For this flashlight

could i have small discount down to $ 40 or less? My pseudo budgetlightforum.com is : Gotlib
thank you in advance ”

and i signed by my name :slight_smile:

and it is today that he has answered me with the message i quoted above

but yesterday i had selected: other payment
but i did not know what to do next
so i disconnected from aliexpress

and just now i looked at your great link, thanks to your screenshots i knew how to do!
but after selecting “other payment”, “pay now” did not appear!
and in fact it was necessary to check a second time “other payment” and after “pay now” appeared. I clicked on it then i did as on your screenshot i went back to the home page and then went to : ” my orders ”
and i contacted the seller in mp told him:

“hello thank you for your positive response yesterday it’s nice. I ordered the flashlight and waiting for your readjustment of the price, thank you in advance ”

and signed by my name
my pseudo budgetlightforum.com : gotlib

:stuck_out_tongue:
I wait and i pray now that he answers me quickly, for the moment always nothing, patience…

the seller replied he made me the discount at $ 40 :laughing: i’m very happy :stuck_out_tongue: this seller is extra :+1: :laughing:

if i have this flashlight it’s thanks to you BlueSwordM
it was you who told me about this flashlight, you would not have said anything to me i bought the blfq8 and would have been moderately happy.The sofirn succeeds it lights further, + white, is a thousand times better! :laughing:

I thank you very much all those who came to my help in my topic

For 18650 battery i will take samsung 30q finally as you advised me ,thank you because luckily i found this topic budgetlightforum and here :

in the screenshot of wolfdog1226 we see that 50 cycles of recharge samsung 30q is superior, thank you to wolfdog1226 who posted this screenshot ! :slight_smile:

for the battery charger i have not decided yet because i am looking at reviews of chargers and some have negative points more or less tolerable than others and the question of price makes me the difficult choice :nerd_face:

30Q, VTC6, and HG2 are all very similar. The difference between the three is so small that you would only notice by measuring using instruments.

There were some fraudulent batteries on Aliexpress sold by someone claiming to be Liitokala. If they were real, the price would have been very good, but they did not perform like real 30Qs. Liitokala chargers have a good reputation and a very low price. I do not recommend buying them on Aliexpress because someone might be selling fake versions of them too.

thank you for your return :slight_smile: finally i bought the new charger nitecore ums4 on banggood thanks to the groupbuy of M4D M4X it is top! and for the batteries i wait for the site nkon.nl to be re-stocked in samsung 30q, they told me maybe this Thursday by mail,patience :slight_smile:

For the flat top battery’s.
I bought a pack of button top battery’s from E’Bay. Del for around $2.50 USD.
Mine are around 5x2mm or 8x3mm. Can’t find at present.
They replace button top and work well. plus come in multiple sizes.
Regarding chargers.
I have both an XTAR VC 2 abd XTAR VC4. They do everything but the
LiPo4 which I use a LiitoKala Lii202 for.
Cheap and reliable for several yrs now.

Hello everyone, i received my sofirn q8 from aliexpress, arrived in 11 days in France :laughing:

I am looking a lanyard that can be screwed to the hole on the side like on the photo :slight_smile: would you know if sofirn sells that or can be on aliexpress?

do you also know if there is the manual with modes and ramping in french language?

edit : i believe that i found

but i’m difficult i looking for a black painted screw :smiley: