Best place to buy Thrunite lights (TN42cw Specifically)

Do they charge upfront with pre orders? I never bought from them. I really do not like paying upfront and having to wait for release. Would rather in stock pay and be done. Please advise. Thanks.

BTW, I wanted to take advantage of TC20.

I placed an order for the tc20 cool white a week ago… total was $71.96. You cant beat that… 26650 is already cost $10-$15… estimate ship date is 02/23…

I have no input on the pre-order, although I would pre-order from Thrunite and several other well-known brands without a second thought.
20% is a decent saving for a nice light.

I am wondering because if they do charge upfront I have to make sure all funding is readily available. Can anyone shed light on this? BTW, are there still issues buying directly from their website?

I paid via PP so yes it is in advance but too good of a deal to miss out on IMO.

I also buy from HKEquipment plus they always have a discount code of 8% off.

I spotted this thread and read of the light when it was first posted. Then, I was like… and kept rolling and had no interest.
Late to the draw now, but this light, if I understand the stated data and run-times, this thing is impressive. I don’t know the physical size of a 26650 as compared to a “C” or “D” cell, I mean to get a visual.
But if this thing has 3400 lumen at a run-time of 134 minutes, that’s a huge reason to have interest in it. I have a Klarus XT12GT that pumps out 1800 lumen, and that light is a very nice (decent size) pocket-able EDC.
And this TC20 is double that? Wow. Granted the diameter compared to the XT12GT has more circumference, but it is shorter. More pocket-able.

And now I’m interested. I can’t have friends that corrupt me. :open_mouth: :person_facepalming:

I got the exact same response when I tried to preorder the TC20 back in the beginning of January. I emailed Thrunite Support with my problem and a screenshot of the error message, and was sent a pdf on how to type in my credit card information, after following their instructions (and still getting the error), I sent them another email. They then sent this response: “Sorry to hear that. We don’t know the reason. Then you can only wait for its arrival at our Amazon store two weeks later.”

So you are not alone in your struggles, I was kinda bummed because it cost me 18 dollars more to buy it from Amazon, but what can you do?

I usually lose my patience and buy elsewhere. And pay more like you mention. LOL!!!

By the way, i am surprise with the thrunite payment system… when i check out my tc20, it direct me to paypal… then i go from there…

Which tint do yo guys ordered?? For me, its cool white…

I prefer the Acebeam L30.

illum.com has TN42 @ 20% off, $160 if anyone is looking.
https://www.illumn.com/thrunite-tn420-cw.html

Beat me to it****

I cancelled my Amazon order and purchased the TN42 on sale here

I came here to post this. Bought one too.

Haha!! :smiley:

I’m glad illum posted this sale before my Amazon order was filled.
That’s a $57 savings! :+1:

I used the saving to get 8-Efest 3500mah batteries over at imrbatteries

Great Deal on a Great Light! :wink: :+1: