Big snow to hit New England(US): -10F/-23C on Mt Washington right now!

Still snowing…

I ran the snow blower down to dry pavement 6 hours ago before bed and removed a solid foot of fluffy white stuff. This is what I woke up to and they are predicting another foot during the day today before it ends. So we are looking at a solid 3 feet of snow here on the coast of NH. Amazingly the power hasn’t even blipped probably because I spent two days charging batteries.

At least it’s not wet heavy snow or a ice storm otherwise there be more outages for sure. People from NH also know how to drive in the snow unlike most flat landers from MA. Heard NH doesn’t use salt on their roads, what do you guys use, just sand? MA uses a mixture salt n sand.

I'd say we got about 15" of wet heavy snow. Glad I have a snowblower

We definitely use salt on the roads unless it’s near a water supply than it’s sand only. The state has some new trucks that dispenses a liquid salt mixture. I saw one last year on the highway it looked like a high speed Zamboni going down the road, but I am sure the liquid salt mixture is not good for your cars metal parts.

I can’t believe the Governor of Mass closed all the roads yesterday and imposed a $500 dollar fine if caught driving after 4pm. I was going to visit my mom, but figured it wasn’t worth the risk of a ticket.

My Jeep is a little tank with front and rear posi plus I have tire chains for when it really gets really nasty.

You guys got a mention on BBC news, stay safe mates.

E1320, that’s crap about no driving! What’s the point in getting snow if you can’t go playing? :expressionless:

Deval treats the citizens of MA like little children. He’s supposed to work for the people. Deval basically shut down the whole state, most businesses were closed by 12 noon. NH on the otherhand called it right, leave it to the people to decide, drive at your own discretion. Give yourself extra time, drive slower and you’ll be fine. There were people driving in MA, it was left up to the officer or state police discretion to ticket or not. The ban supposedly is still in effect. MA doesn’t allow tire chains.

Nemo is suppose to wind down in MA by noon today.

Sounds like nothing will stop your jeep? Little tank.

that is bs. how is a cop in a cruiser going to stop a 4x4 or awd car in the snow?

My brother-in-law is a MA SP he drive a Ford Explorer SUV 4WD.

He won't. Crown Vics are great the rest of the time, but with snow they are downright useless. My rear tires are better for snow, that the ones they use, and I had trouble yesterday with a steep hill, with only 6-8" of wet snow.

Around a foot of snow outside, nothing major, power didn't even blip.

Hope it's nice and uneventful for the rest of you.

Only about 6” in Downtown Stittville.
Never started until about 6 last night.
Our snow was very light so no problems with power lines comming down.

The heavy wet snow is the problem like Glen had on the Island.

The sun is out now and melting the snow on the driveway that I just cleaned with the snowblower.

Good luck to all that had the big snow amounts.

You could heat treat a knife pretty easily with that!

We got about a foot of snow last night and today, more to come. When I woke up today there were a few people from my neighborhood that have quads with plows and snowblowers going around clearing peoples driveways.

The drifts and piles that the plows make can be a real pain and it was very nice of them to help others out. I still have quite a bit to shovel but if need be I can drive out of my drive way now.

Love how there are still good people around. Hopefully I’ll be able to return the favor someday.

All I can say is thank God for snowblowers.

My snow blower has a big red scoop and a wooden handle. It’s out of gas right now so I’m glad others helped me out. It’s too miserable a day to take my 1.5 year old out to shovel with me.

Nice snowblower Glenn!! Stay warm…

How it looks to our cats

How it looks to my wife

finished! 4 hours later

Now the blasted wind, messing up my good work.

2’ of snow in the Sierras is a nice powder day. Why is it such a big deal? The biggest storm I weathered was 8’ in two days. Not discounting the bother but really?

Nice pics guys, really enjoyed watching 8)

It may be a bit cold here occasionally but it never snows that hard.
10 inches is considered a lot in here.

By The Associated Press

1. MORE THAN 650,000 LOST POWER IN NEW ENGLAND

Even the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plant in Plymouth, Mass., had to shut down and turn to backup generators.

2. GUSTS HIT 82 MPH, BUT OUTAGES COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE

With leaves gone, damage to power lines from falling branches was less than it might have been.

3. AT LEAST SEVEN PEOPLE HAVE DIED

The deaths include three in Canada and an 11-year-old boy who died in Boston of carbon monoxide in a running car as his father tried to shovel it free.

4. MORE THAN 3 FEET OF SNOW FELL IN CONNECTICUT

Maine and Long Island recorded 30-plus inches, with Massachusetts and New Hampshire not far behind.

5. IT WAS ALL TOO MUCH FOR THE POSTAL SERVICE

(A group of men help push a sports car up a snow-covered street in the Old Port section of Portland,…

“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers…” was canceled when New England delivery was halted.

6. AIR TRAVEL IS COMING BACK

Flights started landing at JFK Saturday morning, and Boston’s Logan hopes to open partially by 11 p.m.

7. WHERE SNOWMOBILES BECAME RESCUE VEHICLES

Despite warnings and highway closings, hundreds of drivers were stranded on Long Island.

Riders wait in a bus stop where color-tinted windows collect snow during a storm, Friday, Feb. 8,…

8. HOW SANDY VICTIMS WERE HIT AGAIN

Staten Islanders without power had only a tent shelter and tarps for protection.

9. NBA ROAD TRIPS WERE EXTENDED

The Knicks were stuck in Minnesota, the Spurs hunkered down in Detroit and the Brooklyn Nets took the train home from Washington.

10. YES, MICHAEL KORS WORE UGGS TO FASHION WEEK

“I came in looking like Pam Anderson,” the designer joked after trading up for black leather boots in New York.