BLF A6 Driver & FirmWare Available to Buy Separately?

A working host would be important.

Yes, a working host would be useful!

Hang on! Can You Hear That?

I think it’s from the near future - I can hear my Bank Account whimpering :smiley:

TK wrote somewhere today:

I could wait. I can wait. I will wait. til this design makes its way to RMM’s place.

Nothing wrong with being a flashlight host collector for a while …

This will be a very high end drive and all of them will work the first time :slight_smile:

This thread just keeps getting better all the time :slight_smile:

Ha! :smiley:

Just noticed that all our Flashlights have now become “Hosts” :open_mouth:

We all need something to look forward to!

Mine is having convulsions.

“Mine is having convulsions.”

I find if I just turn up the music, it sort of drowns it out :wink:

I’ll buy one when I get near the end of what’s on my table. I have a couple of buck drivers I am working with now.

Very Nice Richard and T_K! Glad this could come together .

++1 with the red and blue Convoy hosts. I'm seriously thinking of tossing the two BLF A6's and migrate the parts to Convoy's.

Now if you guys could think of offering the drivers with 25/45/85's, then we could program in maybe turbo timeout settings, more mode set choices, etc., to make the drivers more generalized. A 45 sec turbo timeout is probably not so good for a COURUI, HD2010, or even X6's or C8's. Of course the temperature protection would be cool in there as well, or instead of the turbo timeout (we have to add that of course...).

Richard - speaking of which, just got in qty 3 of your 45/85 17mm FET+1 OSHPark drivers - looks awesome! Dunno how you squeezed all that in. The writing on the parts side got a bit blurry, but that doesn't matter much.

Thanks for your suggestions too.

This thread just keeps getting “Betterer and Betterer - Said Alice”!

We’re all going to be very Happy, and a Lot Poorer when this all pans out :bigsmile:

Know what you mean about the coloured Convoy Hosts.

Couldnot this GB have been done with a Convoy host…Would have been awesome …I passed my chance at buying the BLF-X6 after seeing so many QC issues.

I see Convoy all over. They may not be interested in such a short production run.

This is great news. I’ll be keeping my eyes open for this to show up at the site along with the blue convoy hosts.

20 seconds? Yuck. I usually aim for about 2 to 3 seconds to ramp from one end to another. But that usually requires an e-switch and those are far less common than clicky switches.

I’d like to have that ability on more lights though.

BTW, I got a couple attiny25 drivers today from RMM. I’m a little sick right now, but I think I can at least get the calibration values soon. I just have to make sure my tool chain works for the new processor and do some trivial code porting.

Also, there are lots of other choices available for firmware. Ever looked at the list of customizations Richard offers? You can pretty much choose any mode set already… The main thing different about A6 is that it attempts to offer some of those customizations at run time rather than at build time. But if you’re already ordering custom built drivers, that’s not so important.

I like very simple UI's so going through the options on RMM's site would even get me a more suitable UI than the A6 firmware does. But I wonder, as the firmware options for the FET+7135 on the Mtn Electronics site are copy-pasted from the FET-only drivers, if Richard has firmware ready especially for this driver, with options/information on which modes are directed to the 7135 and which to the FET ? It is not clear from the site. (I should ask this directly to Richard probably).

Thanks for joining in the thread!

Yes, I was responding to Mattlward.
Quote: ” I also like ramp modes, but they are not as quick.” Truly an understatement, if there ever was one.

I don’t want it that slow, but “beggars can’t be choosers” :smiley:

We don’t all have the same skill sets in life, and being a “ten-thumbed talent-less solderer”, let alone having the skills needed to write code / programme etc. I have to pretty much rely to on the skills of others, like yourself, to make drivers that we can “customise” by pressing clicky buttons :open_mouth:

Sad, but true!

Thanks for taking the time to help with this thread.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

I find the site generally has a “Cheering Effect”, despite quite a few members suffering from insomnia, or the effects of shift work, and logging on at 3 a.m. etc. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Sorry that you’re not feeling well :(… Take care of your health first and don’t worry about us crazies here… waiting for something like this definitely has lower priority than that :)!!