BLF A6 with X5 reflector, or BLF X5 with 18650 tube (A6 body)

My money is burning a hole in my wallet as we speak.

+2
In-pocket carry means tailswitches or twistys to me. Too many inadvertent turn-ons with sideswitches there, and they get battered by keys and things leaned against. Simple and budget-minded please!

Phil

I like the drawings. But it saddens me when we start talking side switches and in built charging.

That is not what this light was meant to be. Side switch will add length and likely make it horrid to EDC unless the switch is just right.

And I truly detest inbuilt chargers. Plus they make the light bigger and more complex.

Keep it simples…… X5 head and 18650 body.

Other projects should cater for this unneeded fancy extras IMO.

Agreed! Let’s proceed as simple as possible now with the current X5 / X6 project that already exists for now.

Just machine a new head for the X5 reflector and 18650 tube and we’re done. Original post edited :sunglasses:

:+1: Great. With XP-L HI and BLF driver will be an awsome pocket light :smiley:

Some would say lack of a side-switch is what truly limits mod options, but I prefer a tailswitch so I won’t be the one to say that :wink:

I personally love the charger EagleEye put in the X2R. Doesn’t add any bulk and functions perfectly. If you haven’t seen it check it out!

But I agree with keeping this project simple. Start with the basics, do it well.

But no side switch, no Narsil. :cry:

How about a lighted tailcap?

Yeah :frowning:
Eagle Eye makes a X6 with the side switch

They also make X5, tube light with side switch. I think there isn’t too much development needed, they can just slap wider head on X5 (theirs, that is). But it seems people prefer tail switches.

Hmm this is interesting.
If this is going to be a Kronos thing a X5/X6 crossover with tail switch and similar driver and led is logical.
If however Eagle Eye would want to step in, a whole range of new options would become feasible (they have tail/side switches, charging internally or not)

I am very interested to see how this is going to pan out.

Probably pointless to ask….but what about JUST the head (reflector, lens etc) to screw on to an existing A6 (actually I have an Astrolux S1) but the idea of having a couple of interchangeable heads for different purpose, for the same light, sounds pretty appealing to me. :smiley:

The emitters are different, and I don’t think you would get that really tight beam with a “HI” version of the emitter.

Actually this is still the main title of this topic :smiley:
Whatever works for a X5 reflector on a 18650 body.

Why not? Here are some beam shots:

Having 2 or 3 versions avaliable for everyone to choose would be nice (all of them XP-L Hi with direct drive):

1) The simplest - just a tailswitch like the existing X5 / X6
2) Tailswitch + integrated charger
3) Tailswitch + integrated charger + sideswitch (hopefully without adding to the lenght or diameter)

Hmm too bad Johnnymac has not reacted (or another Kronos team member for that matter.)

Please members being around longer then me, are there facts on the list below not put in correct?

List start:

Eagle Eye (EE) makes a very nice X6 18650 light
A BLF thing was done based on the real EE
A second BLF thing was started and the ovetal design was taken and another manufacturer made this series of lights (the X5/X6 in copper/ss, X5/X6 in ALU and Astrolux counterpart of all four.)
EE was not happy with this.

EE developed a X6 with internal charging and side switch (X6R)
EE made a EDC tube X5 and developed a spinoff with internal charging X5R

EE was furious about the blatant copy of a their design and stopped working with the parties involved

List end

Now an idea for an EDC light with the benefit of further throw and cooling of a slightly bigger head is making people want one.
Giving the advantage of the small head size of the Kronos X5 and the runtimes of a 18650 cell.

Basically the EE X6 tube with a smaller head to hold a reflector bigger then a normal EDC light has.
With the wounds I would think starting with an EE tube and not a Manker made seems logical.

Since team Kronos remains silent after being online when pointed to this thread I assume there is no interest.
They hint at new lights for a while now yet nothing is clear what lights, who makes them.
No answers sigh…

Maybe some newer members who were not even on BLF when the pain started can contact EE (here on BLF and via AliExpress) and ask if they are willing to make a nice EDC light based on their X6 with a smaller head.
This should be relatively easy for them to do and when it sells good they could do an R version.
(Heck they could scale down that new 26650 light head to make this new light have a big brother. So they have two design options fitting with current lineup and to choose from to fit what they want as future lineup.)

More complex would be wanting a BLF driver in there. Maybe best to go with a driver they want and mod a special driver in if people want that.
To be honest I got a stock EE X6 XML2 NW with the basic normal driver and love it.
I bought it to swap the parts of the Kronos X6 (that is losing anodization like a tree loses leaves in autumn) with.
But I like the EE X6 as it is so much I am not going to do anything with it. A simple driver with lo med hi works just good for an EDC, if they could add a real moon a very nice complete EDC X5,5 would be created and the quality is such that modding can be done for those who wish that.

This could make things right with EE, a good thing IMHO
And newer member(s) is(are) ideal to set this up not being part of BLF when the pain was inflicted.

If you are going to contacr eagle eye dont put big sense on X6.
We just need X2 with X5-size head and reflector. Without any extra things like charger, side switch or else.

I can contact them and ask about this new light. I just got into this flashlight world about a month ago. Where can I reach them, and what should I say in order that they can hear me instead of giving a standard answer like “Thank you, your message is very important to us”? The only person who could really answer would be the company owner. If the company sales man is contacted, he will do nothing about it.

By the way, just 2 quick comparisons:

1) EE Stock XP-L Hi X6 is equal to direct drive X5, and direct drive X6 better than both, but not that much:

2) Direct drive XPL-Hi X5 is better than XM-L2 X6 (so you like this new light more than you already like your stock XM-L2 “big-head” X6) :smiley:

Do the X2 and the X6 Lego?

They have a BLF account and the AliExpress store is linked by Pilotdog68 in this thread.
http://budgetlightforum.com/user/14010/my-threads

If you have some time just go for it, it is a blast!
Pm and send a message on AliExpress referring to this topic.
Short and simple wording.
If you start a groupbuy kind of thing, have an interest list at bottom of OP and update regularly to keep up (not in the second post because it will show as “updated” and people subbed to the thread could find it annoying to receive update mail for just a new name added to the list :wink: )

I sent a message to Song Sheng via the Ali system earlier today. I didn’t go into much detail, basically just pointed them in the direction of this thread.

X2 have standart metric thread.
A6, X6, X5 have non standart thread and not every tube fit same model head. S41 should be lego with A6 but last S41S groupbuy saying that it legos SS which should be same to X6.