BLF-GT Not impressed

Thanks for the ‘rest of the story’ gigbyt. :+1:

Sounds like a good light. Maybe the OP did not realize the BLF GT was a designated thrower & a “narrow beam” is to be expected as well as preferred. :wink:

I think that may be whats in play here, it is only around 2000 lumens so that coupled with a pencilish beam could be perceived as being underwhelming, but the throw is there.
My tk75vnq which is a quad had a huge beam of 5000 ish lumens that was very pleasing but could not throw as far as the blf gt, same with the tm16gt.
I have to admit that when I first put the gt together I was giggling about the massive size but when I turned it on the 2000 ish lumens were a bit underwhelming (having been used to 5000 lumens from a quad led torch) BUT the THROW was amazing, it throw farther than I or anyone I showed it to can see. wish I had tried binoculars to actually see where the beam ends.

If the difference in performance between your GT and a Catapult V6 isn’t obvious and large when illuminating objects over 500m away, I suspect a defective GT. I found the difference between say… a stock Fenix TK61 and Acebeam K70 significant and immediately obvious, and that’s not even a doubling of FL1 throw.

I do not mod lights but since receiving this light I have been reading up and will attempt it on this light. I have the MFO4S in the mail as i type.
I will keep this and it will be my first mod experimental light. Resale value is at a minimum especially with the new one hitting the floor.

The rest of the story? Implying what? I hid nothing or lack of details. The light is still new condition. I am too sure I would be disappointed with another exactly alike.
The light is as new. I am aware of what this light is supposed to do and be capable of. I feel it is a let down compared to anticipation. Now you have
“the rest of the story”

“Implying” nothing. The “rest of the story” explaining how it came from the first batch of GT’s. Nothing more… nothing less.
I already knew all I needed to know after reading gigbyt’s post.

You “need” to know nothing. You can do nothing because you can do nothing more than voice an opinion.I had stated in my post it was the first run of 500. Read the entire thread before posting.
I am not satisfied nor impressed with the light. If it is going to be touted as the “KING” then it should be a jaw dropping “Holy Smokes” moment.
It was not for me !

OUCH

:smiley: :smiley: . Whatever plasma327… I don’t care enough about your opinions or your GT opinions to argue with you.
You don’t like the GT… fine by me.
Like I said…. once I read gigbyt’s post I knew all I “needed” to know.

Have no fear…. I read completely before I posted. Did you read up much in the GT Threads before you bought one? Just curious……

And by the way…. as evidenced by the quoted post below, I was not the only one confused by your First batch / First 500 statement.

I guess being number 565 made me special—Mine lines up perfect Both Ends

Just that ‘coon arse’ luck working for you my brother. :smiley: . :+1: . :wink:

Resale value should still be good if it is, as you say, in perfect condition. The new version coming out will have more lumens and a bigger hot-spot and less throw. It will also be considerably higher price. Worth it if it’s what you want, but it also means that this light will keep its value quite well, especially for those who want more throw.

I have the Cat V6. I do not have the GT, nor am I interested because of the size. I do have 15 modded throwers.I have a lot of experience with them and thousands of hours on the trail with them.

IF the Cat V6 throws as far as your GT,there is something seriously wrong with your GT!

I don't think so ...

With all the hype built around this kind of project anyone who has any issues with this light would probably not openly say so .

Plus if you're thinking of selling it then complaining about the light vs. talking it up would probably be detrimental to the sale of it .

I was on vacation and lost my spot in the original 500 and my first reaction was sadness that has been replaced by happy to not have a light that is way too big and heavy to be of any practical use to me .

Have enough lights to know this as a fact and won't carry lights I already own that weigh half as much or are less than half the size .

Betting there are many people who feel the same way but refrain from from expressing what my be seen as an unpopular opposing opinion .

OTOH I'm happy that people are excited with yet another successful BLF light

Very nice Chops. One of the few.

I hope you are right but now i think i am going to try the XHP70.2 mod as such in this vid.

I have been reading the mod forum all day. Seems pretty straight forward.

I am some what light savvy as i have been collecting for a few years. But no where near many Einstein Members on here.
They live and breathe this hobby and educate the rest of us but i did know what i was buying or thought so. I was aware
of size and weight. I am taking it out on the boat tonight. But yeah, it definitely is a “big joe”…

Cool! Let us know how it turns out.

I sure will.

Nah, the flat should line up with the switch!!! :smiley: