August 4, 2012, 10:51am
I know a couple of people on here bought some, some time ago. I keep getting emails from the various vendors now showing more and more models at great prices, so I was wondering if anybody has bought one and what are your thoughts. I’d like to hear the pros and cons, ie quality, auto start/stop, how discrete, recording gaps etc……
Thankyou for any input
August 4, 2012, 11:30am
I just got
this one from tmart. Really budget one, but surprisingly good for such.
- auto start / stop (= plug in to the car & forget)
- good mount with suction cup
- loop recording (2, 5 or 15min, automatically deletes oldest ones when card full)
- cheap (especially as I got -15% with coupon)
- supports MicroSD up to 32GB
- better than expected during night time (with street lights)
- HD quality was a bit jumpy and not as good as I though it to be (DVD quality is quite ok though)
- 2-3s gap between recordings
- can't be powered with USB (= requires power from cigarette lighter when recording, USB power is only for downloading the files)
- Very slow USB connection (DL:ing 1.5GB takes about 30min)
Do any of the cheapies record audio too?
Here’s a previous thread from trooplewis .
August 5, 2012, 6:17pm
That doesn’t sound bad
the, nice price too.
Cheers Suncoaster, I knew I’d seen a thread before, I’ll have another tread through
August 5, 2012, 6:27pm
It’s not the same but similar. I payed about 90 bucks for it. It’s HD wide angle and it does a fine job since one year about.
I like mine but the mount broke, sitting in the hot sun. The part inside the suction cup just disintegrated.
I ordered a new mount from the ebay seller, he shipped it to me for a total of $6.
Hopefully the 2nd one won’t fall apart like the first one.
I like the fact that it shoots out the rear as well as out the front windshield.