Buy this ..What lights do you give your recommendation to..?

AA Lights:

PowerLight ~ $3

Akoray K-106 3-mode programmable ~ $19

Ultrafire C3 Stainless ~ $13

Ultrafire UF-H2 headlamp ~ $32

AA Batteries:

Eneloop NiMH ~ $4/ea

NiMH Multipurpose Charger:

Search for "intelligent charger" on eBay. Labelled in red with "Power" or "Omnipotent". Independant 4-channel charging for $4!

18650 Flashlight:

Tank007 TK-737 zoom ~ $20

18650 Batteries:

XTAR 18700 "Sanyo Inside", fits in almost everything that takes 18650 ~ 2x $17

18650 Charger:

XTAR WP2 ~ $17

My reccomendation:

Batteries and chargers

Any XTAR Battery you can find, perhaps 2600mAh sanyo based

Mp1 or Wp2 charger, slightly liking more the MP1.

Compact pocket light:

Tmart C3 SS 1xAA

Hunting/weapon light:

Skyray 1JC8 or MRV q5 1 mode both found on MF

Utility pocket/headlamp:

Ultrafire UF-H3D (found at MF and most other vendors) or the AA version counterpart whichever battery form factor you like better.

General use or even cyclist light:

Any L2 body (solarforce's are the best, check Foy reviews, warning he is a living encyclopedia for solarforce products)

+ a good 3 mode H-M-L XM-L dropin. Can be found at MF again.

Mini almost keychain light 1xAAA decently bright and not gonna cry a river if get lost:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/super-bright-7-2-1w-30-lumen-led-flashlight-with-strap-black-1-x-aaa-57748

Diving flashlight:

XTAR D01 hands down.

Zoomable flashlight:

Romisen RC-C8 (18650 or 3xAAA). Best if you get the real Q5 version. It's a twistie if yo udo not like that beware!

Self defense flashlight:

Any 4+D mag.

Ok, if Foy's gonna show off pictures so am I!

Favorite 5 that I would recommend(L-to-R)

TK41, expensive for a budget light. Powered by 8 AA Eneloops or 8 alkalines, this thing throws like Randy Johnson.

Trustfire F15-love the looks and the throw, mine has some soldering issues that I need to fix. Also, note the diameter of the C8 style head compared to the TK41

Trustfire T2; yeah, my favorite by far, I love the side clicky switch. Strickly an 18650 light

Trustfire F23; cute stainless AAA light, mine has a very stiff clicky but great throw for a small light, runs on AAA or 10440

Trustfire Z1; a Cr123 light, great conversation piece. The clip will leave it on your belt or in a shirt pocket in a perfect position to illuminate your work. Will run on rechargeable Cr123''s as well.

Yes, I could be a Trustfire spokesperson. I like the bit more bling they have compared to the plain vanilla lights.

Nice looking F15 ya got there, troop. I got one on the way . . . oh yeah, you already knew that. I must admit to liking a little bling myself.

damnthatfenixissweetFoy

I like the looks of the F15, was disappointed that the soldering of the driver to the side of the pill was broken. Looks like a pretty easy fix, if I owned a soldering iron and knew how to solder...but for now it does still function.

But look at my comments in a separate thread; you will be hard-pressed to see much difference between the hotspot of your Palight C8 and the F15 when you get it. Same body, same sized reflector; better hotspot with the Xp-G. More coverage with the XM-L.