Canceled - Lumenzilla's entry for Modified Light Category - 2019 Old Lumen Contest

I’m looking forward to see this done. :slight_smile:

This looks like it is going to be a skillful mod. :student: I wonder how you will manage to fit 11 leds in this small lighter. :smiling_imp:

There are another 2 on the charger.

Yes, right. Some accurate planning will be required here. I’m looking forward to the result. :sunglasses:

Sorry for letting you down, guys.

Not all LEDs will go inside the tiny space.
I just haven’t decided yet which LED (s) to be used on the mod.

:smiley:

With a name like yours I’d expect a 90.2 in that Zippo! :wink:

Looking forward to seeing how you pull this off. Nice idea…

Also, I see you’ve got a NC/NO magnetic reed switch there. That’ll be interesting!

Very interesting host
Are you planing to turn the light on when the lid is opened it will be so cool

That’s what I envisioned Yuval, flick it open and thousands of lumens burst forth accompanied by a host of angels singing! :stuck_out_tongue:

Flick it shut, off and silence. Epic.

Wow, subscribed. Can’t wait to see the result :+1:

Any progress lumenzilla ? This is a cool idea :+1:

After a long time delay, finally got time to continue the project.

Gathering the materials. I’m using charging module so I don’t have to replace the battery every now and then.

I replaced R3 with bigger impedance resistor to decrease the output as low as under 100 mAh.

Testing the wiring, it worked as expected despite the messy soldering job.

BUT….

The over all components aren’t small enough to fit into the Zippo insert :frowning:

It was my bad not to assure the size of each materials :person_facepalming:

Now I need to cope with myself and wondering if I shall continue or pivot to another project in this short time left :question:

Oh no! Can that flint holder pipe thingy be removed? Would that allow you to do any rearranging that might help?

If you can do without the LVP that the charging module provides (does the driver have LVP?), the back 1/3 or so can be cut off. Jerommel did this in his contest entry for last year, but unfortunately his pictures were on tinypic and no longer available.

Maybe you could file the charger PCB to make it shorter by a couple mm?

You really need a DD08CRMB sized charging board with remote socket for these types of builds or scavenge one from a 10180 light, nitecore tube or build your own etc.
Were you keeping the flint pillar for something?
Frees up a lot more room with that removed.

Bugger. :person_facepalming:

:frowning: Oh-no.

Yes, those DD08——’s are quite small. I have some but have never used them.

I forgot about them :person_facepalming: … I did locate them today and filed them away in the organized section of my parts now. :open_mouth:

lumenzilla, :person_facepalming: , Don’t be discouraged, that is a great idea and many here are like it. :+1:
Hope you can find a way to get it all to fit. :slight_smile:

I’m terribly sorry, I didn’t make it.
I will still finish this project anyhow, sooner or later.

Confession:
The last two days, I decided to work on another modding project with intention to replace this entry.
After reading the rule, I found that participant can only have one entry. CMIIW.

One entry, but you can change it if you like.
Just make sure your edits are finished before the deadline.