Charger Recommendations Please

Looking for a new charger as my Opus BT - C3100 tried to set light to the house not so long ago so won’t be revisiting one of them …. it’s for charging a mix of AAA’s, AA’s and small Lipo’s up to 18650’s.

Problem I find with a lot of the chargers is you can’t turn down the charge rate enough for the smaller batteries, an ideal charge rate for 700 mah AAA’s as an example is
around 0.2.

I’d also like it to measure the mah that goes back in and ideally some way of telling the battery’s health.

I’m sure people will ask what budget …. I’m not set on that … my answer would be as little as possible for something that’s good and reliable …. no point in throwing money away for a label but buy cheap and you buy twice so will spend what’s necessary.

Any recommendations much appreciated!

The Vapecell S4+ or wait for the BLF UC4. If money is no object, the Xtar Dragon or SkyRC MC3000. Check here for more in depth info.

Miboxer C8 Li-ion/LiFePO4: current range(0.1A/0.2A/0.3A/0.4A/0.5A/0.6A/0.8A/1A/1.2A/1.5A); For NiMH/NiCd(0.1A/0.2A/0.3A/0.4A/0.5A/0.6A/0.7A/0.8A/0.9A/1.0A)
My favorite charger :smiley:

Cheers for the suggestions … the Vapecell doesn’t seem to be available in the UK at the moment which is a shame, the Xtar Dragon looks good although watching one of the reviews it mentions that the minimum charge rate for NiMH’s is 0.5 which would be quite high for a AAA.
I’ll take a look at the SkyRC MC3000

Had a look at the MiBoxer C8 and I only need 2 plus ports but it made me do some more research on MiBoxer generally ….
If anyone has any comments on the C4-12 reliability / overall performance I’d be really interested in them as it seems to tick all the other boxes and isn’t stupid expensive although watching a review of the C4 (not the 12) it says when the Lipos are full, instead of cutting off it continues to trickle charge them which isn’t good for them, does anyone know if the 12 does the same??

Curious about the Opus problem, as I have one? Did the fan freeze up? Bad battery? Do you know why it failed?

Been using mine for 4+ years. Had to lube the original fan every 4-6 months. Finally replaced it with a superior model using a suggestion in a BLF thread.
Works fine. It’s my ‘best’ charger, and I have a bunch.

There are some reviews here however Miboxer has the unit as C4-12A and now supports LiFePO4.

I, as others here on the forum, have the unit and are generally pleased for the cost. Some want more, others feel the fast charge is too aggressive. Personally I seldom change the algorithm selected by internal resistance. I don’t really care to extend the life of batteries. The newer chemistries make for better performance and if my cell is losing ground, then time to upgrade.

Avoid the Miboxers c4-12 models. I went thru three of them and they were all faulty in some way or the other.
Add to that the crappy customer service I dont recommend them.

Hi, I’ve posted a link to my original thread regarding the issue …. hadn’t realised it’s 10 months ago it happened although we pretty quickly went into the summer so didn’t need it and also had a Nitecore D2 which I’ve been using since but just want some more functionality and lower charge rates than it offers.

There is the Zanflare C4 that I’m happy with (bought it 1 year ago), sold on amazon, sometimes has flash sales with quite low prices (check with camel camel or keepa). but even its normal price is quite reasonable.

Test by HKJ

Charges at 300, 500, 700 and 1000mA, default at 500mA so anybody can use it without configuration.

Has functional IR measurement (a must for flashlight/high drain use in my opinion), capacity testing (500 or 300mA discharge), fast ni-mh end of charge detection.

Can configure several slot at once, and good UI with a button for each slot.

I like my Zanflare too. Had it for 3 years. I charge nimh AA, AAA 1000mah, 2450mah, 900 mah, and 18650. It works fine. It doesn’t charge to exactly 4.2v on the li-ion though, but that’s not necessarily a ‘bad’ thing since the batteries last longer. I charge the AAA’s on 300 mah. iR measurements are very consistent across all cell types.