Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

Terry, you missed your calling, think you should have been a used car salesman. Very strange purchasers of this light, either very new to this forum or old members with very few posts.

Terry, when you eventually get your hands on an XHP35 MT09R will you still be making a video about it? Curious about how it performs.

Thank you so much Terry for fighting for the Canadian folks! :+1:

Very good, but does it regards also European buyers?

This group buy was open to everyone... So all is for everyone...

I totally understand how much work is required to fulfill these massive 500 orders; especially considering the amount of customizations allowed on this group buy. These are more like custom lights such as the Emisar D4. I’ve sold large amount of items online before and the substantial amount of time sorting through orders, printing labels, packing, shipping is what most customers who haven’t sold online before can never envision. I placed two orders for the MT09R XHP70.2 and I haven’t received any direct confirmation yet but I am not complaining or concerned at all, since I trust Terry that they are working hard on it.

I am also very excited for Haikelite USA and all the new interesting products Haikelite is coming out with. I’m really hoping we will have a brand that listens to their US customers for feedback and develop good products that we flashaholics are excited about similar to the Emisars and F3WA. I was pleasantly surprised that Haikelite offered a 4000k option for this, which is not common for Chinese brands as Chinese don’t seem to prefer neutral/warm lights. I wish Haikelite USA the best and plan to continue supporting the brand and their new products.

Eh i dont understand where you are going with this, since when does members amount of posts matter? many are members that read alot but post little so whats so strange about it?

No I think he means the number of very new members... Which of course we welcome to the Forum just as we always have.... You have been around awhile so I am pretty sure he was not including you...

I also noticed a good number of new or very recent members... And I would like to welcome all of the new or newer members to BLF... I have been extremely busy and I know I have missed the welcoming of many in the last couple of months...

I have been given a chance here to give people the type of service that I learned when I was growing up. There are still some companies that you get this level of service.

I play guitar and C S Martin guitars are known all over the world for their customer service, many online retailers I order music gear form that have been around long before Ecommerece or even the internet also provide service that is second to none. Fluke is another company. There plenty more that could be listed but sadly that list is getting shorter and shorter everyday.

Anytime I have ever purchased anything at all regardless of how much or how little it cost I could always deal with some set backs or delays as long as the customer service was there and I had someone that would take time to tell me how things are progressing or just simply let me know what the delay may be...

Any purchase made directly from my company you have my word that you will get that level of customer service. Even if it means I have to do all of it myself. We hope that in the near future we can add a couple of people to the company... Locating the right people is what will be my biggest problem,

If customer service suffers then so will sales and the brand as a whole. I simply will not tolerate anyone coming between my providing for my family and the way I provide for them is by providing my customers with the best service I can provide...

As one of the newly joined members I can assure anyone interested that although I joined specifically for this flashlight (I have ordered and paid for 2) I have probably followed the pattern of many people in that I have browsed this forum as a guest for quite a while. When the BLF Q8 was about to be released I nearly joined then but dithered too much. I was lucky enough to get a good discount from Banggood.com and was suitably impressed with that light.
I found the Haikelite website by accident before reading of it here and was intrigued and then of course this offer came up. Too good to refuse.
There are a lot of people that just visit to read and probably a lot of them look for torches of interest at their local dealer. Nothing funny about that.
In this GB I have been impressed by Terry’s commitment to getting answers for people and generally providing good support to all and sundry. In the process he has gained my trust even though I’ve never met him.
I am also one of those people who will visit many special interest sites like this one but will rarely join them. As a musician there are hundreds of forums that could be of interest to me but I’m only a member of a handful. Though I still read many of the others as a guest.
Like many others I’m eagerly waiting my MT09R deliveries and fully expect it will do what it says on the tin.

Keep up the good work Terry and wish you could be a dealer for the UK.

Thank you very much for your kind words...

Hello guys,

I just wanted to give everyone an update on everything.

I just spoke with Dale and all shipments from the group buy of the MT09R have been completed. It will still take a couple of days for them to get to the airport in Hong Kong and loaded and shipped out to each of the countries they are being shipped to.

I also have an update on the MT09R 35 High. Apparently, there were a handful of samples (literally 5 I think to be more precise) that ended up with a driver that was not driving the emitters hard enough to achieve the 7500 lumen output that we got from the original testing.

Here is the good news… All of these were caught and only 1 or 2 of them were sent out as samples only and not for sale. The quality control team in the factory did exactly what they should have and caught the issue and new drivers were ordered right away.

This means that none of the lights shipped out in the group buy or being shipped out to me to sell retail will have that driver. The new drivers all arrived in plenty of time and were installed in the lights before it was time for them to ship.

Some of you may remember that I said that myself and Dale at the factory in China have put into place many new quality control policies to help make sure that problems and issues do not leave the factory and that they are corrected immediately.

I am very proud and happy to say that these new policies worked just exactly as they were supposed to.

Please do not worry, Dale and I talked about this a long while tonight and installation of the drivers were stopped the moment that the issue was found and none of the lights that have been shipped out will have that driver, they will all have a driver that does push the 35 high version to the 7500 lumen output as stated by the company.

Another little item I can only tell you about for not as I have not got all of the details and they are not in production just yet is an extended battery tube for the MT09R and I think a few of the other 4 cell lights.

This extended tube will double the capacity of the 4 cell units to 8 cell units. Yes this means it will double the run time.

Please just give me some time to get all the information for the extended tube before asking questions as I will not have answers yet.

I also told everyone that things at Haikelite are changing and the results are already showing by catching issues before any of our products make it to you, our favorite people.

The SC26 sales are going very well and I thank our U.S. customers for that. There is still plenty of time and, the prototype I hope will be here one day next week and I can give you all a better look at the little fatty.

Dale is also working on sourcing some 26350 cells that we want to add to the store here in the U.S. Sometimes these are not always very easy to find here in the U.S. but, if all goes well I will be offering them soon.

I will also very soon be offering the Sony VT6 cell as well. I have a bit of paperwork that must be completed in order to ship them, but I should have that completed by the time that my shipments of them start to arrive.

There has been a sharp price increase on them over the last few weeks and we want to keep the price as low as possible. It is expected that sometime after the Holiday that the price will come back down to a more fair and reasonable price.

Okay… I have had almost no sleep in the last 48 hours, so I am going to hit the rack for a few hours.

Thank you all for your orders and for supporting the brand Haikelite.

Excellent news Terry thanks again for your hard work in this group buy and to team Haikelite for making these awesome lights!

But i wonder how are the batteries shipped, inside the light or outside? and what kind of box will we get, the typical brown box or?

Put me down for 2 of the extension tubes when available.
1 in navy blue and 1 in green if there is a choice.

Any chance of also arranging an extension tube for the BLF Q8 as well?

The really interesting thing about the extension tube is that it will halve the drain on each of the cells, meaning you can safely use higher capacity or cheaper 18650s without compromising output. It’d be interesting to know the heft of such a beast: it might be getting too heavy for extended usage…

So… when can we expect tracking #s?

[quote=Namatjira]
Put me down for 2 of the extension tubes when available. 1 in navy blue and 1 in green if there is a choice. Any chance of also arranging an extension tube for the BLF Q8 as well?[/quote

Not from Hakelite...

Once tracking numbers are assigned as the shippers sort through the hundreds of orders going to around 9 different countries.

If you do not get it in a day or 2 be sure to check your junk mail folder. Then send Dale a message and ask him if they have emailed it to him yet...

I've requested a sample as soon as one is complete.

My Friends all have their “Tracking Numbers” .

But no Message or tracking number for me.

Are all lights shipped?