Convoy C8+ 18650 Powered Thrower with Biscotti Flashlight Review and Discussion

Convoy C8+ 18650 Powered Thrower with Biscotti Flashlight Review

There’s a new seller in town! The US-based store MohrLumens.com has opened and is selling the likes of Convoy, Lumintop, and Sofirn lights. The benefit of course, is that the items are shipping from the US, so you’re likely to get your items much quicker than from other (even official) channels. MohrLumens.com sent the Convoy C8+ for a bit of testing, and I’m hopeful that many more Convoy reviews are on tap! This Convoy C8+ is a 18650 thrower with Biscotti. Read on for more!

Note that this light was damaged in shipping. Big ol chunk in the side of the package straight through the box and straight into the box. Like some USPS employee smashed the package under a piece of equipment or whatever. MohrLumens.com will treat you right if this happens to you (which is pretty unlikely).

Official Specs and Features

Here’s a link to the official product page.

Versions

There are a ton of versions of the C8+. There’s a black body (seen here) and a tan body. There are many emitter options, too. The Luminus SST-20 5000K is the version I have in for testing. Also options are Cree XP-L HI, Luminus SST-40, Osram KW CSLNM1.TG, Nichia 219c, and Osram KP CSLNM1.F1. There are plenty of choices!

Price

The version as tested is going for $19.95 at MohrLumens.com. You can get yours here.

Short Review

This is a great little thrower, and probably the very least money you can spent to get 500+ meters of throw! When speaking with MohrLumens about emitter options, I mentioned Cree XP-L HI being my favorite but I have to say I really love this SST-20. It’s neutral without being yellow, but still not muddy. A bit hard to describe. The light handles well and the build quality is great, and again, this light is under twenty dollars!

The Big Table

Convoy C8+
Emitter: Luminus SST-20 (5000K)
Price in USD at publication time: $19.95
Cell: 1×18650
Turbo Runtime High Runtime
LVP? Yes
Switch Type: Mechanical
On-Board Charging? No
Claimed Lumens (lm)
Measured Lumens (at 30s) 732
Candela per Lumen 94.8
Claimed Throw (m)
Candela (Calculated) in cd (at 30s) 2370lux @ 5.608m = 74536cd
Throw (Calculated) (m) 546.0
All my Convoy reviews!
  • Measurement disclaimer: I am an amateur flashlight reviewer. I don’t have $10,000 or even $1,000 worth of testing equipment. I test output and such in PVC tubes!! Please consider claims within 10% of what I measure to be perfectly reasonable (accurate, even).

Read the Long Review at zeroair.org.

Or click to exactly your desired destination!

Thanks for the info and review!

I’ll just add that this a thread from MohrLumens here on BLF, in case anyone wants to check it :

:+1:

Great! I am looking forward to working more with MohrLumens - I’m glad to be able to get Convoy products from the US (quicker arrival!).

Plus, the owner there seems like a great guy to me! Fully recommended.