【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

20mm 12 groups for xhp50.2 in stock now ,i will add a link later

Yes, I know, and I have contact with the salesperson of LEDiL, but many products do not have samples

IRIS (xpe) and ANGIE are great.

That’s great. Thank you.

Any news about driver for SBT90.2 in L6?

Overall, one of the reasons people prefer to use “3V” (1S) XHP50/70 emitters is the lack of high power boost/switching drivers. Now, taking a look at Texas Ace's XHP50 output test (peak at 9.25A in 2S/6V config) or XHP50.2 output test (peak at 11A in 2S/6V config) it can be clearly understood these emitters can manage much higher current and power.

So, why not some new high power switching drivers? A word of warning, though. We have embraced a new generation of high power linear drivers, I find this great. However, I think “you” went overboard setting the driving current of the new Osram emitters. In the first place one cannot expect any and all emitters to behave like the ones tested, there may be variations. Then, it also isn't wise to deliver full “expected” current/power to the emitter, this being inefficient besides unnecessarily stressful…

For XHP50 emitters in 6V/2S configuration I think a driver with 5.5A or 6A of output would sell, namely to enthusiasts (5.5A/6A is 82.11%/86.05% of peak output for the XHP50 in Texas Ace's test). These would require 15A rated cells to properly operate.

I would also recommend considering any of CRYSTAL, MARTHA, OLGA, SANDRA, TAMPA and TUIJA.

I have a Crystal, but not so much a fan so far. Will keep trying different emitters…

What did you experience with it? Too many artifacts in the beam?

OLGA-RS has many published beamshots, it seems, that beam shape is nicely scaled by the LED light emitting surface:
https://www.ledil.com/product-card/?product=C16671_OLGA-RS

i will get driver sample soon

Square corona has been the observation that turned me off.

Was the sample L6 sent to maukka meant to be 5000K, or 4000K? As I recall, previous examples of the GT-FC40 seen here had slightly higher than their target CCT, but not by 800K.

Simon, can I ask for my host to be shipped with non-AR coated lens? Only if you have non-AR coated lenses at hand, that is.

In my opinion the usual, current 550nm λ/4 MgF2 anti-reflective coating employed in flashlights lenses sucks. So, in the Name of The Light I just opened a related thread:

About lenses and anti-reflective coatings: a call for stepping up the current technology

Hope you like it.

I agree with Barkuti!

which flashlight model?

no difference but no coating :slight_smile:

Simon, there’s a competitor flashlight family that I’d like to talk about a bit:
Nightsun HT09-HT12.

What is unique about it is that one can have a single body and multiple lenses.
Furthermore, it actually has easily replaceable pills, giving truly remarkable lego capability.

But it’s not free from failures.
There are some complaints about less than perfect quality. Furthermore, at this size it could easily house 21700 - but doesn’t, it’s 18650 only.
Also, one cannot buy the heads separately, they sell only complete lights. $40 to get another lens? Ouch!

Why do I write about it? Naturally, because you’re in a great position to the same, but do it better.
You already have a 21700 zoomie and from what I heard it’s one of the best out there…and for a good price. And it already has switchable pills.

By offering different lens sizes you could greatly improve its versatility. Have you considered that?

S21A.

Just to confirm, M21C-U is only available with ramping UI? No 12 groups mode planned?

M21C-U is e-switch light. 12 groups needs mechanical switch. So no.