【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

So do I have to buy Convoy M3-C GT FC40, and just took out glass/reflector/led? If the cost is not so different, than buying it without the glass/reflector/led, then I will just do that.
But If I could buy one assembled, just without the glass/reflector/led for cheaper, then I will do it. If not I will just buy the flashlight as it is in store with GT FC40.

Hello - I have M21F with SS bezel and I could see a faded outer ring - is this what you are talking about? I only have a small light collection but now that I’ve checked, I could see it in every one of my lights that has a reflector (vs TIR), including two with black bezels, Convoy M21E and Nitecore MH12S.

In most lights it’s a faded (less bright) ring so not as noticeable, in Convoy H2 there is also a shift in color as well so it becomes very obvious. The ring has not bothered me in actual use because it’s at outermost periphery and much less bright (fading to black).

The pic below doesn’t show it well but in actual viewing the faded ring of every light’s beam is quite obvious, including in M21E with black bezel.

No, those are all just “normal” beams, very decent. He’s talking more about an artifact than a color aberration/tint shift. We see that sometimes (good examples being many C8 lights with crenulated bezels, exacerbated by a triple C8, or when we’d mod S2+ lights into triples where the bezel rim covered part of the optic rim).

The beam itself on what I’m seeing of the M21G is nice other than The Ring…it’s actually kinda weird. See his wall photo here: (Convoy) What's so great about an SS bezel, if it results in a bad beam?

Yeah those rings are quite out there. I wonder how they look at distance. Probably still annoying, even if reduced.

Oh I see thanks. Outer rings, even the off color one in my H2 219b, are not bad for me since they are so dim, but this one is indeed strange, thin and so bright. That brightness is troublesome.

Maybe it’s something else in addition to the SS bezel, or maybe independent of the SS bezel? My SS bezel M21F doesn’t have such a ring.

please post pictures at What did you mod today?

Does anyone know if Simon still sells short tubes for the Convoy L7? I want to run 2 x 26350.

The black layer is easy to fall off on the stainless steel surface.

Sorry, because few people need this accessory, I haven’t produced it yet.

@Simon, another question about the S21B TIR lens:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002918129787.html

If I get the Nichia B35AM version of the light, should I get the 5050 SST-40/XHP50.2 or the 3535 lens?

Or is there only one type of TIR lens for the S21A/S21B?

Hi guys!

My need is a 21700 flashlight with a hicri LED. It doesn’t look like a problem itself, but also I need to have an ability to change lenses including stripe ones.

I know that an s2+ could fulfill my need, but it 18650 :frowning:
I love a hicri s21a/b but they have no lenses for hicri LEDs as I see.

Is there a way to use lenses for a hicri s21b?

If no, could you recommend another flashlight for my task?

Do you have any old 1 x 26650 L2 / L6 tubes still? Thanks!

use 5050 lens,
23.3mm lens is suitable for S21A/S21B,
One problem is that if you install a 23.3mm TIR lens, the original glass lens cannot be installed.
In this case, the flashlight loses its waterproof ability.

Here’s the link.

tube for L6/L7

You can install a 20mm TIR lens without the white mount, but the gap around the edge of the lens will look a little big after installation.

Do you mean these lenses?

As I got it, I can use them without the white mount and with the gap around
or with the white mount but without its original glass lens and I will loose its waterproof ability.

Am I right?

Yes, correct.

Hi, Simon, is it still possible to get a discount code for AliExpress Convoy flashlight Store?
Thank you so much, best regards, Carsten.

Simon, do you have any estimate for when the S2+ MAO 18350 tube will be available?

Simon, any updates on the 17mm boost driver?