Convoy S2+ 7135*3 vs 7135*8 Brightness

Yep! ….
the moonlight alone is worth the cost .

I am good with the 3x or 4x 7135’s in a tube light like the S2+. I did a build thread on 1.4A triples HERE if you want to look at some comparison beam shots. It is not direct, as these are triples, so there is a little more light, but not much. It may help you decide between the 1A and 3A driver.

In all practicality, if you want runtime and a good amount of light, the 3x 7135 at 1A output will do great, and your lower modes are proportional (i.e. 5% of 1A or 5% of 3A) so they are more usable as well.

If you can solder, or have someone that can, I would highly recommend a driver from Richard at Mtn Electronics ( 1A 3x 7135 ) flashed with guppydrv universal will give you all the modes you could want for a driver, and has some very nice low modes too.

Max amps are great when you need them, but for the most part, a 1A driver will get us along just fine and give out plenty of light while giving a cool, long run time on high.

Does anyone know where I could buy driver with guppydrv - but with free international shipping? I’m in Europe, so mtnelectronics is not an option for me…

Hello guys !

It would be great to know what you guys have to say about this ?

I was planning on ordering a couple of S2+’s from Simon to use as them as lanterns with diffusers on.

I will either choose 3000K – 3200K tint or 4000K – 4200K tint.(preferably 7A tint)

Which set up do you think will be good for longer run times without the heating problem?
7135 × 3,4 or 6 ?

What are the lumens output on the 7135 ×3, 4 & 6 setups (7A tint).

I won’t necessarily be running them on High mode, I think medium mode should be good for longer run times and no heating problem.

I think I will request for the biscotti firmware , not matter whether it’s 7135 × 3,4 or 6 chip setup

Please advise
Thanks in advance
Cheers !!!
-DK

I think the best options for you would be having them in 7135x6, running Biscotti. That way you can set them on 10% or 50% modes (they work great with a diffuser), but if you need more power out of them for whatever reason, you can just program them into a mode that has 100%. Biscotti’s versatilility is just unparallelled as far as “vanilla” Convoys go (because Narsil, Bistro, guppydrv or whatever are on another level entirely).

I also say that because I have an S2 running 7135x3 on the 3/5 firmware, and man, it’s not worth it. It’s not worth it and I hate it despite loving the form factor and beam pattern. Can’t wait to mod a new driver with Biscotti or whatever else that isn’t the bloody 3/5 onto that one.

Heat would only really be a concern in High mode. Even using x6 in Medium mode would be less heat than x3 on High.

However, if you would be unlikely to use a x6 in High anyway, I’d probably get x3 so you have better usable modes, personally.

Biscotti and some other firmware has a mode that is 50% max but personally I wouldn’t bother and just get a x3 if heat is a major concern.