Convoy S21D w/ legendary Nichia 219b :) - Review & comparison w/ Nichia 519a, E21a & other lights with Nichia LEDs incl. Emisar D4V2, Convoy S21F. (Summary & measurements on P. 1)

I believe the official store is “”Convoy flashlight store”“:https://convoy.aliexpress.com/store/1100591265?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000007.1.f744257diOJQcZ

Yes, that is the official store.

Yes he did. The current is reduced to 2.4A. My M21F with B35AM now runs coolest among all Convoy lights I have.

Re. S21F per Simon: there is NO fixed CCT option in future.

Wow that’s interesting that there won’t be a fixed CCT for this……I wonder why?

People are saying the UI is the same as the M21F and H-series headlamps, is this true and how do you like the UI on them?

Yep, per Simon: “sorry, this one can not be customized, you need a fixed CCT, I have to design another model”

Yes, from description the driver is exactly the same as my M21F and M21E. I have no problem whatsoever with the driver. I actually prefer it to the 12 groups, at least when it comes to battery level check (5 click from off). But this is obviously personal preference.

Some more great news per Simon: “max output 8A, buck constant current” :+1: :+1:

Hi, most of us are just hard-core Convoy fans, no special relationship.

The info I got is simply from PM with him on Aliexpress. If you need large amount of lights, best to PM him. On this page , hover computer mouse on the arrow next to “Convoy flashlight store” (on upper left hand of page), then click on “contact now”.

He also maintains a thread here on budgetlightforum, where I assume you could PM him by clicking on his name: 【convoy】SFT40 5000K back in stock (sufficient)

[quote=cannga]

[quote=snfx]

Great news these are 8A buck! I was a bit worried when someone mentioned 6A.

So, the same buck driver as the 21D, for longer runtime?

How do you think the “adjustable tint” works? Can they design it to ramp from 2700k to 5700k….or just 3 defined steps at 2700, 4xxx, and 5700k?

Yes, on paper driver of S21F sounds the same as S21D’s (8A Buck).

Thanks…

Any thoughts on how the “adjustable tint” works……can it ramp, or 3 defined temperature steps?

I just PM’ed Simon with same question. :+1:

It’s impossible, S21D driver don’t have charger, and don;t have 2 channels for 2 color group’s (independent or PWM regulated).

Thanks,

Brian

Well, before I could get answers….the 19 units sold out :rage:

It’s ok, we’ll guinea pig for you :smiley:

Also, the holidays will end in 2 weeks!

Thoughts on SFT-40 and B35AM in a small host like the S21A/S2+?

I’m planning to pick those up to try out the LED Emitters

Based on the lights I have; two very different LEDs.

SFT-40 is “super thrower” class. Low Ra, harsh blue color. Throw 600 m range. Small hotspot. Very little spill. Great light but I feel if you don’t mind the size and another 30 bucks, SBT90.2 in Wurkkos TS30S is much better with larger hotspot and brighter spill, and tremendous 1km throw and 4000 lm output. (TS30S is one of my most favorite lights.)

B35AM is “super tint” class, highest Ra and R9 that I’ve seen on any LED, but lower output. Rosy tint closely resembles 219b 4500k. It is the most throwy Nichia LED flashlight that I have, but low output so throw is only 263m. Hope this helps.

Sofirn IF22a with SFT40
Output 1680 lm
Throw 635 m
CCT 6463 Ra 71.0 x0.3135 y0.3288 Duv 0.0027

B35AM 4500k in Convoy M21B:
Output 1090 lm
Throw 263 m
CCT 4348 Ra 98.2 Duv –0.0050 35% brightness, –0.0036 0.1% brightness

Thanks for the stats!

What is the smallest host/light that has the SBT90.2?

Hank has it in the tiny D1, and Lumintop FW21 X9L are some examples. But IMvHO, you don’t want SBT90.2 in smaller hosts than Wurkkos TS30S. Stepdown will kill all the fun and throw won’t be the same. It almost defeats the purpose of owning SBT90.2.

The SBT90.2 and Wurkkos TS30S is a match made in heaven. I always joke Wurkkos lucks out on this combination. Bigger host and it is unwieldy, smaller host then less throw and bad stepdown.

And regardless of host, AFAIK Wurkkos TS30S at $60 is the least expensive SBT90.2 light on market by far. Anyone pls correct me as needed.

$60 is pretty good, considering Hank charges $50 just to install it in the D1 LOL

Would you say the SBT90.2 is the best thrower for its price?